building dell Dimension 3000 can i add vga?

iamgus_gus

Weaksauce
friend is looking into some options for building his computer and the dell demension 3000 is pretty good price for it with a
p4 3.0
1GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
160GB Ultra ATA/100 7200RPM Hard Drive
Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
FREE UPGRADE! 15 in (15.0 in viewable) E153FP Analog Flat Panel
Sound Blaster® Live! 24-bit ADVANCED HD™ Audio

900 bucks

can i add a cheap graphix card for him to play games or will the mobo not have the slots?

also if i were to build one just like this for myself and i were to buy the TV tuner sepratly would i be able to install that since its not an option that i can add? or does the TV tuner not even go on the mobo? ive seen ones that say pci slot, others external, and my friend said some connect to the monitor itself im cluless please help.

i know there are alot of questions here if u can answer any id greatly apreciate it

how good is
Video

Type
Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2

can u play decent up to date games on that graphix card. or is it even a card? if it were to be a card would i be able to swap it with an aftermarket?

Dell dimension 3000's only have PCI slots, not PCI Express, so that X300 won't work, and it doens't have AGP either, so you can get the crappy PCI cards, or get a computer with a PCI-E slot (I believe Dell only sells PCI-E computers now).

I am actually useing some of these at work, and what they are saying is right, it only has PCI slots (not PCI Express, not AGP not anything good)

The Best PCI cards out there are like FX 5200 or Radeon 9200... Neither of those is a good enough video card for current games.

Bottom line, a Dimension 3000 can not play games.

==>Lazn

iamgus_gus said:
how good is
Video

Type

I'd compare it what I flushed down the crapper before getting into the shower this morning...
:eek:

iamgus_gus said:
how good is
Video

Type

can u play decent up to date games on that graphix card. or is it even a card? if it were to be a card would i be able to swap it with an aftermarket?

Bad.

iamgus_gus said:
friend is looking into some options for building his computer and the dell demension 3000 is pretty good price for it with a
p4 3.0
1GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
160GB Ultra ATA/100 7200RPM Hard Drive
Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
FREE UPGRADE! 15 in (15.0 in viewable) E153FP Analog Flat Panel
Sound Blaster® Live! 24-bit ADVANCED HD™ Audio

900 bucks

can i add a cheap graphix card for him to play games or will the mobo not have the slots?

also if i were to build one just like this for myself and i were to buy the TV tuner sepratly would i be able to install that since its not an option that i can add? or does the TV tuner not even go on the mobo? ive seen ones that say pci slot, others external, and my friend said some connect to the monitor itself im cluless please help.

i know there are alot of questions here if u can answer any id greatly apreciate it

Tell him to build it himself... Dell's of that range are not for gaming, and are incredibly overpriced.

you can use any x16 PCI-E graphics card with the 4700. everything from a $100 geforce 6200 to a $600 X850xt PE, if you get a graphics cards straight from dell the only one worth considering is the geforce 6800, it'll game fairly well, the x300 will do but not well, and the intergrated graphics will let you add your own card down the road.

geforce 6800 wasnt even an option today on the dell webstite. but maybe its cause of todays sale. :)

It is,

go to dell home. desktops, 4700, select one of the 4 base systems, scroll down to customize it, about 2/3 of the way down is the video card option. its there, i promise.

those are some pretty nice deals after the mail-ins, shame i blew all my cash on a new bicycle!

Back