Building computer help please

Sagan

Gawd
I'll be getting all my parts together today delivered to build my computer below.

Q6600
Abit IP35 pro
2x1GB Corsair (DDR2)
MSI NX8800 Ultra
620w corsair PSU
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CASE LL|PC-65B BLK ALUMINUM RT
Windows Vista 64 bit dvd home premium

What I would like to know is the common mistakes or problems people might run into building a pc, its a first timer for me from scratch. I want to know if you have to add like a sealant to the cpu and so forth so everything goes smoothly without breaking anything.

thanks!
[/FONT]

Cable management. Think out how you are going to run all the cables in the box and do it as neatly as possible. Use a LOT of cable ties. Loose, messy cables restrict air flow and create hotter boxes. It also makes it more likely that you will accidentally pull a cable loose when removing or installing something. It's a lot easier to install it neat than it is to clean it up later.

The computer is finally build. Everything looks beautiful. Cable management is even harder when there are 5 fans in total, a tuniq heatsink for cpu and not 1 but 2 dedicated psu power cables plugged directly onto the 8800 ultra.

My q6600 idles at 40-45c so far.

Computer was built easily, I had to reset bios to get pc to boot up the first time. I'll post screenshots in a new thread later.

Back