Building cables for NPI switch.

Kritter

Gawd
Im trying to build longer wires for an NPI Keystone Switch to the Capstone subsections.

I need atleast 25 feet between the Keystone and Capstones. The datasheet says "64GBPs Crosspoint Switching Fabric". The closest thing to a datasheet i could find on the IC that controlls the port says that it runs at 1.6GHz(no mension of the actual transmission frequency). The port has 4 transmit pairs and 4 recieve pairs, in all 16 wires.

I built a proof of concept model at about 25 feet with two lengths of cat5e. It Seem to have worked but I didnt have enough computers to load down the switch.

Should I step up to cat6? Or will it even run at full speed with the length and/or type of wire I'm using? Or is there an easier way?

what kind of connectors does it use? I dont know any "stacking" switches such as those that allow you to seperate the pieces by 25'

Looks like db25 but the pinouts are diferent.

"Each Capstone switch connects to the master over a separate 8 Gbps stacking interface.

This high-speed interface connects each slave port directly to the master's 64Gbps switching fabric, dedicating 6Gbps of bandwidth to packet data and 2Gbps for management and control information. "

Back