building an internal watercooling setup - HELP

aces155

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
208
OK. I am in the process of building a new PC. Here is the setup.

Thermaltake Xaser V Damier V6420AU Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Antec TRUE550 ATX 550W Power Supply

2x BFG Nvidia 7800GTX 512mb sli

AMD X2 4800 processor

2gb (512mbx4) Crucial Ballistix DDR2 ram

Sound Blaster Audigy 2zs Gamer

2 WD Raptor 36gb HDs

2 Lite-On SOHW DVD-RWs

What I wnat to know is this: is it possible to install an internal liquid cooling system (or some interal/external hybrid that is permantly attached to the tower) that can cool the two Vid Cards, the ram, and the processor? Will it be too tight in there, or is it possible? If it is possible, what peices do I need? I want to purchase the parts from Danger Den, but I don't know what peices I should I get.

I know I need
waterblocks for the processor, vid cards, and ram
tubing
reservoir
radiator
and pump

But I don't know which ones or anything like that. Can anyone who has done somthing like this perform please inform me on what i need and wether I will have any problems install the system in that case.
 
aces155 said:
Thermaltake Xaser V Damier V6420AU Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Did you get the case yet? If not, I'd recommend getting the Thermaltake Xaser Armor case instead. Just put in a completely internal watercooling system using a Dual 120mm Bonneville Heatercore in the front where the 11 5 1/2" Bays go. Fits like a glove and performs well too.

I'd say go with that case, get a heatercore and pick the rest of your componenets from Danger Den.

If not, I think you're going to have a hard time fitting a dual 120mm Heatercore in the Damier, and considering the components you're cooling I'd say a dual heatercore is what you're going to need.
 
Back
Top