Building an affordable nvSurround/Eyefinity setup

digitalgunfire

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 26, 2008
Messages
317
Current setup is in sig. I'm thinking about tossing another 570 in SLI and buying three small-ish monitors for nvSurround. 22-23" will probably fit on my desk.

What is the current suggestion for a decent quality, preferably IPS, monitor for this purpose? I had the NEC EAWMi on my list for a while - has something superceded it? Looks like it can be had as cheap as $250 online now.

I don't need the 'best of the best' - I don't want to spend a fortune. On the same token, I don't want to spend $750 when I could spend $1000 for something twice as good.

What do you suggest?
 
Dell U2211H and U2311H, or their newer LED cousins U2212HM and U2312HM are in the size range you're asking about, along with any other monitors using the same panels (I can recall some from NEC and others using the same panel as the U2311H).

Dell runs 20% or 25% sales every few months, and you could pick up the U2211H for ~$200 each, or U2311H for ~$240 each. Time will tell if the *12HM models will do similar, but the answer is more than likely.
 
Do they send out these sales to a mailing list or is it something where you just have to keep watching their site?
 
If you're not adverse to using refurbished monitors to save cash, the 2007FP's come in stock on dfsdirectsales.com on a fairly regular basis for $110-120. 1600x1200 and either an IPS or PVA panel. I'm running 3 of them off a 6950 for 3600x1600 portrait eyefinity.
 
Back
Top