I am thinking I want to go opteron (dual core!) and I am looking pretty hard at the newegg deal for the EVGA MB and 7800GT as shown in this combo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188002
Here are my questions:
1: Which is the best opteron for OC'ing if I am planning on OC'ing it a bit (ie- i have watercooling anyway, may as well push a bit)?
2: What is the Zen of OCing opterons on this motherboard? can i push multipliers much? i have cheap ram that probably won't go very high on the bus speed, so can i push the CPU bus independently of RAM and system bus speeds?
3: is there anything else I should be aware of for this? any thoughts, links, advice, flames etc would be very, very welcome! I don't feel like wasting money.
Thanks [H] experts, you kick a ridiculous amount of ass!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188002
Here are my questions:
1: Which is the best opteron for OC'ing if I am planning on OC'ing it a bit (ie- i have watercooling anyway, may as well push a bit)?
2: What is the Zen of OCing opterons on this motherboard? can i push multipliers much? i have cheap ram that probably won't go very high on the bus speed, so can i push the CPU bus independently of RAM and system bus speeds?
3: is there anything else I should be aware of for this? any thoughts, links, advice, flames etc would be very, very welcome! I don't feel like wasting money.
Thanks [H] experts, you kick a ridiculous amount of ass!