• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Building a system a year from now...

Sweet Dee

n00b
Joined
May 1, 2017
Messages
4
I want to either build a new pc a year from now or buy a gaming rig from somewhere reliable. But it got me thinking just how different hardware will be this time next year. How many new processors, gpu's, motherboards, keyboards, etc will come out by then? What do you guys think?

PS-If I were to just buy a rig already built, which would be the most trustworthy buyer to purchase from? I always wanted Alienware but hear that they are just overpriced.
 
About the only thing that might be worth waiting for that I can think of:
  • Intel may (finally) have 10 nm desktop CPUs available by then.
  • AMD Vega GPUs will be out in full force and will hopefully challenge Nvidia somewhat.
  • AMD Ryzen CPUs may be better supported by software by that time and hopefully performance will be better. Hopefully this will put some pressure on Intel to lower prices and/or increase core count.
  • NVMe SSD prices will hopefully settle down some.
Most everything else I'd expect to only be incremental/evolutionary updates.

If you're current system is working fine for you now, I see no problem with waiting. However, if you're limping along with some way-too-old system, just buy a new one now and you won't be regretting it next year.
 
Please list your current hardware along with your goal / use of it. Please also list your monitor specification and in the event you're on the market for that too... at the end of the day what's your budget ?
 
Back
Top