Building a desktop for the first time, Preferably under 800$.

Azazel90x

2[H]4U
Answering the questions first.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Mostly gaming, some photoshop, and web browsing, ect.

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Preferably around 800$

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Cocoa Beach, Florida.

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Ill need a case, cpu, gpu, hard drive, ram, psu....Pretty sure thats all I need, I already have a monitor, Dell 20fwp, 1650 x 1050, I know its not much atm, but Ill get another one soon. Have a keyboard and a mouse, and speakers. So basically just need the tower.

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model. Just my monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers.

6) Will you be overclocking? If I can safely, yes.

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it? Right now its a 20 inch, 1650 x 1050, will be upgrading to 1920 x 1200 or 2560 x 1600 in the future. Possibly doing a dual monitor setup, maybe tri if the budget works.

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? In a month.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.

SATA, USB 3.0, SLI/Crossfire would be nice if I wanted to add a second GPU later on.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit? I can get windows 8 pro for 69, so no need to worry about the OS.

Basically, its a gaming machine, that i want to pump out impressive visuals with for sub 800, if possible. I might go higher if necessary or it'll provide a big difference.

I've always been a laptop kind of guy, So i know nothing about desktops! Thank you guys! :)

For the rest of the month you should put together some ideal systems for yourself using an online vendor. This will give you an idea of how much each individual part costs, and you can determine how you want to spread your budget around.

Back