Building a budget box

Mekanic01

Gawd
Joined
Jul 11, 2002
Messages
927
I need a little help. I'm building a budget box out of some of my old parts. The only thing I don't have, and I am not sure about is the motherboard. I need a socket A mobo that uses 168pin SDRAM. Needs to be stable, won't be used for overclocking at all. It also has to have an AGP 4/8 slot.

This is what I'm putting on it:
8gb IDE HDD
GFFX 5200 video
768Mb SDRAM
1.2Ghz AMD T-Bird

Any suggestions?
 
you best bet would be checking out the for sale/trade section here at [H]ardforum and see what you can find, cause fidnign a new socket a with sd ram slots is gonna be quite the task in any resale store.
 
i'd suggest the abit KT-133A based board... you can find one for $15-20 used, and it's a very stable board that has great memory bandwidth thanks to the 133Mhz system bus (as opposed to the older 100Mhz boards)...

look around the fs/ft forum... or PM me, i'm pretty sure i have one laying around somewhere :D
 
Back
Top