Build suggestions please

Seven

Limp Gawd
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
It will be a general use PC, but it's important to me to be able to do some gaming with good quality graphics. Not even hardcore gaming really, I tend to play older games however I would like to be able to have good performance/visuals in newer games if I choose to buy any.

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1000, shipping and tax included. It would be harder and harder to convince myself every dollar over that but I could possibly go up to $1200.

3) Where do you live?
Lexington, KY.

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
CPU(AMD), MB, RAM, PSU, Video Card(I've had my eye on the 5850 even though I've always been an Nvidia guy), Case. I also want a fast boot drive that has plenty of space for a few games (SSD would be nice, but I can be realistic).

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Just my DVD burner. If I feel I can squeeze it into the budget I would buy another though (really not a big deal, I can always get another one later if I want).

6) Will you be overclocking?
No. I'm over that phase of my life and I just want things to work well at stock speeds.

7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
22" ViewSonic, 1680x1050 resolution. Satisfied with it.

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Would like SATA6 and USB3. Everything else is just gravy.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 Pro.

Call me an idealist, but I have no interest in an Intel processor. It needs to be an AMD build. I won't budge on that. The only Intel products I currently find attractive are their SSDs.

I've been eyeing this processor (Phenom II 1055T): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103851

What does everyone think of this motherboard? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130276
I am happy to get different MB suggestions, of course.

I truly appreciate any suggestions I get. I've not kept up with hardware like I used to so I am happy for the help.

$275 - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T CPU + Gigabyte GA-8800GMA-UD2H AMD 880G mATX Motherboard
$345 - XFX HD-583X-ZNFV Radeon HD 5830 1GB PCI-E Video Card + G.Skill Ripjaw Series F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM Combo
$125 - Intel SSDSA2MP040G2R5 2.5" 40GB SSD
$150 - Corsair 650TX 650W PSU + Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive Combo
$20 - LG GH22NSS50 DVD Burner
$70 - Cooler Master RC-590-KKN1-GP ATX Case
---
Total: $985 plus tax and shipping.

The HD 5850 was overkill for that size monitor any way. The HD 5830 should be just right. And look, there's a nice fast SSD too :). Use the 1TB drive for storage and other apps.

Back