build review

jfish

Limp Gawd
this computer is solely for poker and the only real issue is that it has to power 2 30" monitors. it has 0 software on it and i plan on installing either xp pro or vista ultimate. i have never had an ati video card before but it was one of the cheaper options and i am nearly positive it can power 2 30s but id like to make sure. does it have enough power?

im also looking through ibuypower, which is a site i have never heard of before but they are having better deals than dell and i dont care to build atm. anybody have any thoughts on them?

Case ( Nzxt Guardian 921 Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply Black )
Case Lighting ( None )
Power Supply ( 600 Watt -- Power Supply SLI Ready )
Processor ( [=== Quad Core ===] Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q8200 (4x 2.33GHz/4MB L2 Cache/1333FSB) )
Processor Cooling ( [=== Quiet ===] AVC Silent Intel CPU Fan and Heatsink Quiet & Overclocking Proof )
Motherboard ( [SLI] Asus P5N-D Nvidia nForce 750i SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394, Dual PCI-E MB EPU Technology )
Memory ( 2 GB [1 GB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )
Video Card ( ATI Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB PCI-Express x16 )
Video Card Brand ( Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA )
Hard Drive ( 320 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache] )
2nd Hard Drive ( None )
External Hard Drives [USB 2.0/eSATA] ( None )
CD/DVD Drive ( 16x DVD-ROM Drive - Sony Black )
CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( [** Special !!! ***] LG 20X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Black )
Sound Card ( Creative Lab Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio )
Speaker System ( None )
Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )

if you are looking for a quality/reliable build with good customer service look at Dell. If you are more than capable in fixing/diagnosing and replacing parts on a desktop then ibuypower should be fine. I bought an Ibuypower about 5yrs ago for college (was lazy and wanted a quick/cheap pc). It was a good deal and worked good for about a year. I had a harddrive failure and a burned out psu (noname brand) that luckily did not kill the rest of the computer. I also replaced the videocard since it seemed to overheat a lot. Had another friend that kept dealing with them about a dead video card in his system (about 5yrs ago), took a while for him to get a replacement. FYI they hot glued the videocards and ram in, lawl. Maybe they have changed in the last 5yrs. If you want customer service look elsewhere.

I saw a post a while ago talking about ibuypower and it looks like you are much better off building your own and if you don't want to build then go with a dell. They seem a bit iffy.

So let me get this straight... no 3D graphics processing will be done on this system?

Anyhow, just make sure whatever card you get has TWO dual-link DVI ports.

I saw a post a while ago talking about ibuypower and it looks like you are much better off building your own and if you don't want to build then go with a dell. They seem a bit iffy.

Who seems a bit iffy?

Back