Build or hold for x months?

Fizpez

n00b
Joined
Sep 22, 2010
Messages
10
My current rig is 4 years old (Q6660/8800 GT) - and it does most of what I want it to do right now (if at reduced eye candy) but I know its not going to be satisfactory for new stuff (Skyrim/Diablo 3).

I'd like to build new but I can probably wait till March if need be - what I am unsure of if we've entered one of those "well you better wait till x when the new y comes out" I know we're getting close to a new chip/mobo - I'd like to start with Win8 but I guess thats not coming out till the endish of next year -not waiting that long.

Should I be looking to grab stuff now at end of year sales? Is there anything I can be sure is safe to buy now if its a great sale (like RAM)? Should I build now or definitely wait?

I usually tune in more to what is current before a new build (this will be my 4th build but as you can see they are a long time in between) but life has been insane lately and I'm not nearly as up to speed as I would like.... So this isn't a "rate my build" kind of questions - just a go/no go type of thing.

Thanks.
 
Wait one month max for ivy bridge if it is a liar like crapdozer then go sandy bridge. If you had a q9550 I would have said wait for x79 socket to drop the 1155 socket prices but you are in desperate need of more powah!.
 
Back
Top