[Build Log] Lian Li PC-Q07 Tiny Box

esseun

n00b
esseun's Lian Li PC-Q07 Tiny Box Build Log

Hi all, just thought I start a build log to show/keep track of my progress on this build.

Build Summary
I wanted something that can sit on my small desk and not take up much room. Most cases that are of similar volume are longer than they are tall, which takes up more space on my desk. I wanted something like a FT03 mini, but I like the look of Lian Li better. I also own a Q11 so I know the quality I will be getting.

Parts List:
Gigabyte Z77 mitx (because of it's 24-pin placement)
i5 2500k (on sale!)
Modified Lian Li PC-Q07 (thanks to Jeremy from performance-pcs.com)
Gigabyte Z77 mitx (because of it's 24-pin placement)
Plextor m5s 256gb SSD
Samsung magic ram 2x4gb
Zotac GTX570 (Super short!: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500275&Tpk=gtx 570 zotac)
Silverstone modular st 550W
2x Antec Kuhler 620 + dwood bracket (CPU & GPU: hopefully they fit)
2x Gentle Typhoon AP-14
2 Steel mesh intake dust filters
1 Steel mesh fan guard

Finished Build Pics:

Q11 vs Q7
q11vsq7.jpg

Replacement PSU fan (stock was too loud)
psufan.jpg

Front intake
frontnqu.jpg

Dwood GPU bracket
dwoodbracket.jpg

Internals
internals.jpg

Full shot
fulli.jpg

Temps @ idle
tempsi.jpg

UPDATED:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039523290&postcount=11

Last edited:
nice!
Hope you didnt just get that 570 recently, as there are 650ti, 660, and 660ti short cards available too.

nicely done, great work!

Thanks!

nice!
Hope you didnt just get that 570 recently, as there are 650ti, 660, and 660ti short cards available too.

Those were much better options but I didn't want to cut an extra slot. The Q07 had only 1 slot and I managed to fit the 570 because all the outputs were on one slot. A single slot adapter bracket worked for me in this case.

Nice set up. i was going to do somthing like that but i didnt want to lose my Blueray or HD. Nor did i want a bunch of externals tethered to the case
I still have a H70 i could put on it.
100_0395.jpg

Nice set up. i was going to do somthing like that but i didnt want to lose my Blueray or HD. Nor did i want a bunch of externals tethered to the case
I still have a H70 i could put on it.
100_0395.jpg

Nice to see a similar Q7!

How long is the 5870 you have in there? Is there one that fits the case?

IMO, the front of the case is totally ruined by that protruding fan...

Pretty crowded in there... Could you tell me what kind of PSU fan you have there? Is it really quieter thank stock? Thanks

Pretty crowded in there... Could you tell me what kind of PSU fan you have there? Is it really quieter thank stock? Thanks

I have the medium speed evercool fan from this page: http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...28_394&zenid=c7e15edaf1cbe75b4e27c3ed02aef8c4

I currently have it hooked up with a voltage adapter so it's pretty quiet. Much quieter than stock because the stock was a pwm. I haven't had any issues with heat yet either. The air being blown out the back of the PSU feels very cool too. Definitely worth it.

Just a little update:
Swapped out the 2 antec kuhlers for a single cpu+gpu combo unit from asetek (760gc)

No more protruding fan. Lower temps. Extremely satisfied.

Big thanks to Zack from asetek for the trouble shooting and quick shipping.

Pics:
img1406bp.jpg

img1409kn.jpg

img1410sm.jpg

img1411o.jpg

tempsvy.jpg

Back