Build a new SFF system

Hello,

I'm about to retire my good old Shuttle SN25P.
So I would like to build a new SFF system.
My first idea was to buy a Sugo SG04 but I read that Shuttle will announce new Series J at the CES, so I postpone a little bit my plan.

However here is what I would like to put into the Sugo SG04:

MAXIMUS-III-GENE Asus Maximus III Gene
TW3X4G1333C9DHX Corsair TWIN3X 2 x 2 Gb DDR3 PC10600 CAS 9
BX80605I7860 Intel® Core™ i7 860
HD103SJ Samsung Spinpoint F3 S-ATA - 1000 Gb
SH-B083L Samsung SH-B083L (According to the SG04 manual, the maximum optical drive height should be 41.6 and the height of this drive is 42.0, maybe there will be a problem?)
HD502HJ Samsung Spinpoint F3 S-ATA - 500 Gb (Raid 0)
SDDR-189-E20 Sandisk ImageMate All-in-One
M12D-750 Seasonic M12D - 750W
SST-SG04B-F Silverstone Sugo SG04B-F
SST-NT06-E Silverstone Nitrogon NT06-E 1
ATI HD4850 IceQ Turbo (from my Shuttle...)

What do you think about it?

Last edited:
The Shuttle J series was just recently announced. There are three models and the first 2 are probably not for you since they have integrated GPU...full specs are unknown right now so they might have room for another GPU but I doubt it. The third will support SLi and crossfire and I haven't seen a picture yet!

You sure are packing a lot in there. You don't really need all that but really it is up to you :)

Looks good...no compatibility issues that I see. You can also go with the SilverStone modular PSU: http://silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=ST75F-P&area=

Don't worry about the OD.

Hello Steeeeve,

I've just found some info about the upcoming J Series from Shuttle:

SHUTTLE Reveals Details on the New All-In-One and J Series
City of Industry, CA – JANUARY 4, 2009 – SHUTTLE, an industry leading designer and manufacturer of high-performance small form factor (SFF) PC solutions and creator of the XPC, today released some specs and expected release dates for the upcoming Shuttle all-in-one and J Series models that will be showcased at the 2010 International CES, the world’s largest tradeshow for consumer technology, from January 7-10, 2010.

The 2010 SHUTTLE line-up of new all-in-one PCs and small footprint desktops, coming to the U.S. in late Q1 and early Q2, feature some of the latest, most powerful processors and graphics options available. “What’s really special about the new models for 2010, aside from the latest technology is that it’s got a whole lot of innovation inside that make it the most flexible small form factor desktop that we’ve ever created,” said Nicolas Villalobos, Manager at Shuttle Computer Group in Los Angeles, “We can’t say more until the start of the show, but it’s definitely going to make the day for Shuttle DIY aficionados.”

THE 2010 MODEL LINE-UP:
- The Re-Designed “All-In-One”
Processor: Intel® D510 (Dual-Core), Graphics: Intel® GMA3150
- The Entry-Level “J Series”
Processor: Up to Intel® Core2 Quad, Graphics: Intel® X4500
- The Mainstream “J Series”
Processor: Intel® Core i5 and Core i3, Graphics: Integrated in CPU
- The High-Performance “J Series”
Processor: Intel® Core i7, Graphics: Supports ATI CrossFire™ and NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology

The SilverStone PSU looks good, cheaper than the Seasonic one.
Yes I'm packing a lot but in my Shuttle SN25P I have almost the same amount of hardware inside: 3 HDDs, 1 Optical Drive, ...

HD103SJ Samsung Spinpoint F3 S-ATA - 1000 Gb
SH-B083L Samsung SH-B083L (According to the SG04 manual, the maximum optical drive height should be 41.6 and the height of this drive is 42.0, maybe there will be a problem?)
HD502HJ Samsung Spinpoint F3 S-ATA - 500 Gb (Raid 0)
Are you planning on using two different drives for a RAID 0 array? I see that you listed a 1tb and a 500gb drive, but I only see one of each.

Last edited:
Are you planning on using two different drives for a RAID 0 array? I see that you listed a 1tb and a 500gb drive, but I only see one of each.

Matrix RAID for Intel chipsets supporting RAID.

Allows you to have RAID partitions, one mirrored, typically for important stuff, and another striped for performance, with a minimum of 2 disks. Works great.

Loks good. Like Steeeeve said have a look at the Silverstone Strider PSU's and a short cable kit so there is less mess in the case and a bit better airflow

Back