build a new computer

waseem

Limp Gawd
I want to build a new computer and i have an option to chose the parts :

what cpu and gpu and motherboard and memory the 3 things and the ealse i had chosen.

for oc and gaming

options :

CPU 1 : i7 2600k

CPU 2 : Quad Core i7 960

CPU 3 : ( ??????? ) AND ?

Motherboard : many options ?

memory i don't know

graphic card and SLI or CF .

around : 1000usd for CPU and Motherboard and memory not iclude the gpu

Yeah, budget is a good question, plus what are you going to use the system for?

What will your main use for this computer be? What type of games? Do you want water cooling or air?

whats your budget for the GPU if it is for gaming b/c if it is substantially lower than your cpu mobo ram Then I would say go with a cheaper mobo cpu ram and tack the money saved onto your GPU budget. . Of course when i say cheaper I dont mean less quality I just picked up a 16 phase MOBO, i5 2500k, 1866 8gb ram for about 460. For games that are out right now you really can not get better. The i7 is faster but there is not a substantial difference in games as of right now. But if you have a ridiculous budget like 2-3500 dollars for all the parts then go for an i7.

I assume when you say CPU3: AND you mean AMD and I would say no. Intel is a beast for gaming right now. Times have changed from 6 or so years ago. In the future more games may be better optimized for the new bulldozer processors, however right now this is not the case. I only say that because the only game that AMD is better in is battlefield 3 and that is by like 3 FPS.
You might want to wait till the Sandy bridge Enthusiast edition CPU's hit the market. they are said to be out Nov. 14th and can be substantially better for OC and faster. However If the price warrants the performance boost...I don't Know.

Last edited:
Your best bet is to re-post this in the General Hardware forum, and answer the stickied questions there. You'll get a lot of good build advice that way.

Back