Buggiest console game you have played

joemama

[H]F Junkie
I've played pc games that are so buggy they were nearly unplayable...but you really don't expect that sort of thing with consoles. By far the buggiest console game I've ever played is..

Saints Row- Xbox 360

I got so tired of mission ending bugs, corrupted saves, disappearing cars and such that I never finished it. I'll bet bugfests like this are fooling a lot of people into thinking their 360 is dying..

There's a bug in Ikari Warriors that doesn't allow you to beat the game. That has to win all of them since if you had that bugged cartridge, you were pretty much f***ed.

Two come to mind.

1. Metal Gear 2: Snake's Revenge (NES). In the final hideout there were a lot of rooms that if you walked into, your screen would go black and it would play this strange hip-hop style beat...and it never did anything else. It was more or less a hard lock. Since there were about 20 doors, I never did find the right one, so I never won the game. I tried this level on 2 different carts and it was the same, so it wasn't just me.

2. Ultimate MK3: PS1. Lock-ups and glitches GALORE on this one. Kintaro was just flat out broken. If you did 2 of his teleport moves too quickly the game would freeze every time.

The worst bug i ran into was in Tomb Raider Legend. In the England level when you're in the underground cavern and trying to get into the tomb, there were the four bells that you're supposed to use to kill the boss after you leave the tomb. Well fiddled with the levers a bit before going into the tomb. Once i left the tomb and the boss appeared, the bells' levers wouldn't work and the boss was impossible to kill. I didn't have a spare save handy so i had to start from the beginning. It's a short and easy game so it wasn't too bad, but it was still annoying.

The first two Medal of Honor games, on the original Xbox. The first one being the worst. I think I beat the game in like 3 sittings, because I wanted to get it over with, but each sitting had numerous issues with collision detection. I walked through objects, including train cars, fell out of stuff, to my death, walked through numerous enemies, and had my friendly AI get stuck inside of buildings... buildings you can't even go into, but somehow they were able to go into the brick wall, and then not get out. :(

After reading the post above, it seems wrong not to mention the TES games like Morrowind and Oblivion. They're not as bad as their PC counterparts, but they could make falling through objects into the void a mini-game if they wanted to.

all the damn NES games, had to lick/rubbing alcohol the cartridge just to get them to play I think Life force or River City Ransom were the worst.

i have a copy of bomberman 64 where whenever you clear a stage, you lose whatever other stages you have cleared. so ive never managed to beat it. i even took a gameshark to it, i still cant get past the first stages. sucks

all the damn NES games, had to lick/rubbing alcohol the cartridge just to get them to play I think Life force or River City Ransom were the worst.

i guess the OP is asking gameplay bugs...not physical

CoD3 X360, save game problem. I ended up in a loop where I could no longer progress. I gave up even after the patch came out.

Saints Row was probably the buggiest console game I ever had the displeasure of playing. One thing I'll say for the Wii is that it encourages developers to do things right the first time like back in the good old games. Devs on PS3 and 360 suffer from the same thing that PC developers do--"we'll release buggy crap now and patch it later"

Unfortunately, that doesn't fly with me. Wii FTW, PCs for everything else.

Oblivion.....I wish i could walk through the forest or countryside without choppy movement from the loading areas.

The loading areas aren't really a bug but it behaves like one and it can get so annoying.

BF Modern Combat was pretty buggy too. If someone fell out of a tower or something, they would do the old levitating in air thing that you would see in MOH.

I would also always know when an enemy was around without looking at the radar because you could see their guns poking out through the walls. Haha

Back