Bug AA+AF on max?

pArTy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
433
I have a nice wonderful bug. I have a 9800 Pro All In Wonder card. I just reseated the heatsink to fix a few artifact problems but anyway it seems that all Direct X games have AA and AF stuck on max. In CCC I have AA and AF set to 2X with temperal AA off. Opengl games run fine and great(Like FEAR and DOOM 3). Source engine and farcry runs like completle crap. I use cab cleaner and did a fresh install of regular ATI drivers and Omegas. Same result with both. Any help would be really nice.
 
I know everyone is having fun playing there new favrate game but... A little help would be useful since I dont have a clue whats going on. Thanks!
 
How do you know it's stuck on max AA/AF? Is it unable to change in every game?

Also, FEAR is a DX game...
 
Always set your CP to App Preference and use in-game settings first for AA and AF. Only if the game lacks AA/AF controls then force it from the CP.
 
Brent_Justice said:
Always set your CP to App Preference and use in-game settings first for AA and AF. Only if the game lacks AA/AF controls then force it from the CP.
Tryed that. I know its stuck on max AA and AF because its easy to tell when I change from a game that has it stuck on to a game thats not. Is there any possiblitiys i can do to fix this? Specialy with a aging card I dont need AA and specialy AF stuck on the highest possible settings. I have tryed setting control panel to 2X aa and AF and tryed in games to turn it off as well but it doesnt wanna turn off.
 
Back
Top