• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bufferbloat and Internet Speed Test

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 17, 2006
Messages
5,610

Has anyone used this before and if so, what are your results?​

​

How This Test Works​


First we test the latency of your internet connection. Then we compare the results to a latency test performed while running a download speed test and an upload speed test.

If the latency increases while the upload or download tests are happening, your router/networking equipment suffers from bufferbloat.

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat

1684244893140.png

1684244930822.png
 
Yes I've used it, its a useful tool among many to work on a network.
 
Yes I've used it, its a useful tool among many to work on a network.
What other tools do you like for a small workgroup network? I've looked at tools that require a server setup and seem to assume Active Directory is present
 
I was really using it to test qos. The first test had no qos and the second did. The ping were better with qos on, it costs about 200mbps.
 
Note that this test was made while my wife was WFH (through a VPN) and I was actively torrenting and streaming through Plex.
1684346211634.png

Pretty much exactly what I expected.
 
I noticed that Cox tripled the upload speeds, was 35Mbps in the past.
1684359696033.png
 
What other tools do you like for a small workgroup network? I've looked at tools that require a server setup and seem to assume Active Directory is present
packetlosstest.com, fast.com, dslreports.com/speedtest, freeola line test.
 
Back
Top