Buffalo Tech Ram OC?

slaya

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
1,132
Hey, first of all I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum but my question is about Overclocking so I figured I might ask the experts in here.. Anyways, I just ordered my Mobile 2600+ and I am wondering how high I will be able to go with my 1GB (2x 512 dual channel) Buffalo Tech Winbond CH5 ram? Does anyone have this ram? I hope to go 220x12 but I don't know if the ram will go that high...

Thanks!
 
Possible, with more voltage and some relaxed timings. It can be a real gamble sometimes even with BH5 stuff. Try it out and see if you can get it to work and let us know how it went.
 
That's some good stuff you have. I would put one in the first slot and the other in the third slot for optimal dual channel stability (some boards it's slots 2&3 though). I think it will need 2.9V or 3V for tight timings at 220MHz. CH-5 has the most problems with tRCD@2 so if you have problems with it, set that to 3 and leave the rest at 2-2-11 to see if that helps. Since the sticks are dual-banked, either the memory or the NF2 mem controller might take issue with that and command per clock (CPC is on by default in NF7 boards), so you could try tictac's CPC patch to see if that helps. It kills benchies, but if you can get to a high enough FSB to offset it, it's okay. Good luck :cool:
 
Back
Top