Budget wireless mouse and mini-keyboard for gaming

hardc0re

Gawd
I'm looking to buy a wireless mouse and keyboard to use for gaming,

Requirements:

Response speed
I've used wireless devices in the past and the lag is big problem when gaming. There should be no noticeable lag.

Range
both devices must be able to be used from at least 15 feet with no degradation in performance.

Keyboard form factor
The mini variety (cut down numpad, no wasted space)

I was wondering what the options are, and your experiences with the devices.

Budget: $100

Current options:

Mouse: Logitech M510
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6986684&CatId=537

Keyboard: IOGear

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6420856&CatId=1285

If you want wireless keyboard, it seems Bluetooth is the way to go. I have not noticed much lag time with my Kbtalking Pro. Of course it's a mechanical keyboard with a ton of high end features packed in and is a bit higer than the price range you're looking for. But it might be looking into.

I use a Logitech Anywhere Mouse alongside an Apple Wireless keyboard.

Both work well for gaming.

I have the M510. I can't stand it because the indentation on both sides (ambidextrous design?) makes it so that when I'm trying to clutch the side of the mouse opposite my thumb (whether I'm gaming or not), nothing is there! If you look on the product review page for the M510 on Logitech's website, it has slightly less than a 4 star rating (and you'll find some reviews stating the same thing I mentioned about the indents on both sides being bothersome).

I personally had troubles with tracking too, but this may have been due to dust/lint ect. getting on the sensor. I would have to frequently clean the sensor with a q-tip (now, maybe all mice would've had the same issue, but I just can't be too sure).

I use a wired G500 now (extremely comfortable, especially when compared to the M510!), but I don't use wireless anymore, so I can't really suggest an alternate. Just figured I would share my experience with the M510.

edit: if I had to say one good thing about the M510 though, it would be that the battery life was REALLY good. I had the original batteries in it for 5 months before needing to replace, and I used the computer ~8 hours a day, just about every day. VERY impressed with that aspect of it, at least.

Back