Budget video editing machine

Disposed

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 2, 2010
Messages
5,211
I have a friend of a friend that wants me to build him a budget video editing machine for ~$600

My question is, Would it be better to have a dual core and dedicated GPU or a quad with an IGP? I think the dual + GPU would be the better option but i do no video editing at all so im really just guessing. I believe he uses pinnacle something or other if that makes a difference.
 
If you wait for the right deals you can get a very nice video editing machine for that price. I don't know anything about Pinnacle, but should make sure the version he is using will take advantage of the additional cores. I would think a newer version would for sure, but an older one, maybe not?

Assuming it does definitely go with at least a quad core. AMD Phenom II X6 1055T is a great option if you can manage to find it cheap. I got it for $125 after rebate. I'm sure you won't see it that low again, but sometimes good deals on the CPU or in a motherboard combo still pop up.

I imagine just about any quad core will be fine for a "budget" video editing machine. I was using an Intel Q6600 which is kind of dated now but worked pretty well. Work with 720p output which can take awhile, but wasn't that bad as long as the videos weren't too long. I do a LOT of encoding and so I figured with such a good deal on the AMD X6 I would upgrade anyway.

Get a good deal on a decent quad core and maybe there probably would be enough left over to get a decent video card for $70-80.
 
Back
Top