I've been wanting to upgrade my PC for awhile now. Here's my current setup:
Core2Duo 6420
4GB RAM
ATI 5750
I've been looking at a z68 board with a core i5, but that's going to be out of my budget for the forseable future. Would it be worthwile to upgrade to a sandy bridge i3 or would I get better bang for my buck so to speak upgrading my processor to a used q6600 or q6700? I already have this RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145345
I'm on planning on replacing my video card right now as I only have an old 19" dell monitor that does 1280x1024. My budget for the upgrades is going to be about $200.
Core2Duo 6420
4GB RAM
ATI 5750
I've been looking at a z68 board with a core i5, but that's going to be out of my budget for the forseable future. Would it be worthwile to upgrade to a sandy bridge i3 or would I get better bang for my buck so to speak upgrading my processor to a used q6600 or q6700? I already have this RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145345
I'm on planning on replacing my video card right now as I only have an old 19" dell monitor that does 1280x1024. My budget for the upgrades is going to be about $200.