budget is open i need huge pro LCD.. ???

truesq

n00b
hi forum

this is my first post.

i am looking for help in picking up a new moniter.

at the moment i have 21" SAMSUNG 1100p. i am happy with it its all nice.

my problems is i am a stocks broker and i watch different market in the same time the 21" is not enough space for me even with 1600X1200. cause i watch alot of companys and more than 4 charts in the same time .

so i decided to get a new moniter and it should be LCD thin stuff .

now my budget is open i am welling to pay any thing to satisfy me.

i need a professional LCD from size 30" or bigger.
it should be abel to run games like CRT without problems in fast motions.
it should be bright and not too dark.

to cut it short i want something perfect.

at the moment i only see the DELL 30"

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/pro.../monitor_3007wfp?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs#tabtop

if there is better in performance and quality please advice me.

i heard about new technology called SED is it available in market ?

thats it, thanks alot .... :D ;)

U could get a cinema, but its more expensive and posted spec is not as good. So for the 30" range, dell 3007 is the best choice. You could also get three 24" 2405's, which are around the same price. And hook them up vertically together for 3600 * 1900 sweetness.

As for SED, you have to wait at least a year before decent monitors comes out

thanks for reply dude.

first it's ok for me to have 30" more than that is not important unless it's really worth it.

but dual moniter i never tried it before is it good for games ! and real life pics ?

i feel it's a headache.

what is the disadvantage with DELL 30" ?

thanks

The disadvantges with the Dell 3007 are:

Uneven backlighting.
Relatively poor contrast and black levels.
Viewing angles could be a little better.

thanks alot caboosemoose

so Contrast Ratio 700:1 is not that good ?

so guys there is nothing perfect ! my budget is open how come i can't find a perfect things !!

I second the multiple monitor suggestion.Two (or three) 24" monitors will give you all the space you need for watching charts, and if you don't like using all of them when playing games, you can just use one. One 24" for gaming should be sufficient since you like your current montior, and the extra monitor(s) will give you more room for when you want to do work.

Personally, I have my main computer for doing interactive work and I use separate computers connected via synergy to watch email, tickers, IM, and things like that.

ok lets say i will go with dual moniter what is the best LCD i want something perfect and budget is open.

If budget is no object I would go with 2 DELL 2405FPW . Granted, when gaming you will only use 1 monitor, very few games support dual monitors. But I highly suggest the 2 monitor setup over 1 big monitor. Productivity wise, 2 monitors is highly effective, I switched to 2 monitors at work 3 years ago and would never go back. Also 1920X1200 times 2 is 3840X1200, you ain't gonna find that much desktop with a single monitor.

Depends what youre doing. I personally have the Westy 37" and its nice. For all around surfing and pc stuff I use the vga connection. When playing games and want high resolution I use the HDMI.

2k with 4 year waranty and 12months - 30 months to pay BB back...

so DELL 2405FPW is the best 24" i can get with open budget ?

i think i like the idea of having 2 moniters.

waiting for more comments.

MC FLMJIG opps we post at the same time.

ur 37" screen is better than DELL in performance and quality ?

i want something perfect for every thing.

at the moment i like the dual screen idea and i think i will go for it.

but i need to know the best 24" ( open budget )

thanks

I wouldn't rule out the Phillips or HP 23" models as they have the same 1900x1200 resolution with better dot pitch so you can see the same amount for less real estate.

This is vga... since it's new I've played around with it more and found I can do 1920 x 1200 on HDMI... looks nice... I don't know if I can do more... still playing with it.

picture0297fl.jpg

This is before I played with HDMI and BF doesnt support widescreen...

picture0310ca.jpg

Keep in mind that the 2405 suffers from the same problems as the 3007 plus some added problems like input lag and a semi slow response time. You will see ghosting while playing fast paced games and motion blur. The ghosting/motion blur is something that people get used to and after time tune it out, but it is there.

I used to swear by this monitor until I quit playing MMOs and got back into FPS games. I hope this doesn't turn into a flame war because I know a lot of people on this forum still love this monitor. I just thought you should hear a different opinion before you shelled out some big cash.

I sold mine and picked up a FW900 24" CRT for gaming.

Do a search on this forum for '2405' and you will have all the info you need to make a wise decision.

I just bought a 2405 for financial work and love it. Here's my office setup. I'll probably be purchasing another 2405 or 2407 (updated version) soon. Excuse the awesome camera phone photography.

2405FPW.jpg

2405FPW2.jpg

thank u all about the reply i appreciated that . i am more confused now but what can i do.

kuyaglen the IBM moniter got amazing res but the brightness is too low only 400:1 and also refresh rate. it's not good for fast motions.

MC FLMJIG thanks for the pics dude.

so what i understand from people that DELL is the best LCD for over all stuff gaming and performance.

i will go either with 1 DELL 30" or 2 DELL 24".

so this is the best i can get until now ?

any more comment ?

If money is no object then get the IBM T221 for watching stocks and a seperate PC to use with the samsung for games.

There's also Eizo who makes http://www.eizo.com/products/graphics/ce240w/index.asp 24", 8ms response, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 450 cd/m2 brightness.

Then there's http://www.digitalkings.com/productdetail.asp?productid=1864&ParentID=57 a 71" LG plasma that does 1080p for ~$29,000

Also, Panasonic will be releasing a 103" 1080p plasma later this year. No price on that one yet but it will probably be north of $40,000. Assuming you're the big time stock broker you are (hard to believe with your level of grammar and spelling), you should be able to afford it.

hey saltiness

thanks for the reply. i like ColorEdge CE240W .

whats the different between :

Response Time 16 ms (typical)

and

Midtone Response Time 8 ms1

can i say the CE240W is better than the DELL 2405 ??

and i am really really sorry for my grammar and spelling mistakes i am doing my best . english is not my mother language. i am from saudi arabia :D

Chairman Ma said:
How about dual Nec 20WGX's?

These are pretty much the best LCDs out right now. The only problem is that they are 20.1" displays. I don't think he is considering anything that small.

I did hear a rumor however that NEC is making a 27" LCD with the same specs.

Didn't see the stocks part...

I too am a stock broker and I bought the Westy for that purpose. However I won't stay home and will still work in the office. :( sux

It is really nice to have a screen that size. If you have room 2 of those or 32" that would be sweet.

The double, and thinking of 3 screens, is very helpful.

Stocks ticking away one one, looking at charts on another and the final one can be used for other things... sentiment analysis, surfing and it makes it so easy when doing research.

And another ting... I now ppl whoare illeterate and make tuns of money in dis busness.

i checked the Nec 20WGX's they are really amazing in the spec but only 20" :(

I too am a stock broker and I bought the Westy for that purpose. However I won't stay home and will still work in the office

i feel u man.

And another ting... I now ppl whoare illeterate and make tuns of money in dis busness.

thank god i am not one of them i studied stocks and am doing good.

ok guys any more comments or advices ????????

thanks alot all,

and thanks to this forum it's really helpful and i am happy to join. :D

I wouldnt go for a westy 37"seeing as it's 1920x1080 which converts to just big pixels and doesnt give you more desktop space, it's actually less than the 2405FPW

Personally i'd get 3 2405FPW's, 2 video cards, connect the middle monitor to a powerful card and then the left and right monitors to a weaker card, that way when you play games on the center monitor it uses the powerful card and while doing stocks it doesn't matter.

thanks peacemaker

the samsung is amazing i like samsung products.

but if u were in my place u gonna take the DELL or SAMSUNG ? both same warranty but i think SAMSUNG is old company with alot of experince. ! :rolleyes:

I remember a review putting a Dell 30" with 2x 2001FP rotated, that's some nice triple monitor action. :)

I suspect English is his second language. I would go with two Dell 3007's if you have the video subsytem horse power to do it. You could have 4 panes or even 6 per screen running if you wish

what about this screen

56.jpg

Viewable Screen Size 37" Diagonal
16:9 Aspect ratio
Native/Optimum Resolution 1920 x 1080
16.7 Million colors
Compatible Modes
NTSC
HD Ready
PC 480i
480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
1920 x 1080, 640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768
Contrast Ratio 1000:1
Brightness 550 cd/m2
Color Gamut 75% NTSC
Lamp Life 60,000 Hrs ( hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm )
Viewing Angle 176° Horizontal
176° Vertical
Response Time 8 ms

Audio 2-15 watt speakers
Video Processing Progressive Scan, Aspect Ratio Conversion, CCS (Cross Color Suppressor), 3D Noise Reduction, PIP, Inverse 3:2 pulldown, Freezing Picture, 3D Video Processing, 3D Comb Filter

http://www.westinghousedigital.com/pc-56-7-37-1080p-monitor.aspx

any comment will be appreciated

That screen doesn't have enough pixels for its large diagonal. All in all, if you want a large high res display, I don't think the 3007 can be beat, even if it isn't exactly perfect.

Just re-read your first post about how you plan to use the monitor, and I would emphasise that currently you really only have two choices - the Dell 3007WFP and Apple Cinema Display 30-inch. Both use the same panel and have fairly simialr image quality. But the Dell has a far superior chassis that offers much more adjustability.

Given that you want to see as much data as possible, it would be a big istake to buy a large 37-inch display with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080, the Del 3007 offers much, much more desktop space. I'd say grab a 3007, I'm pretty sure you'll love it...

yah man thanks

i am going to order the DELL tomorrow and i will sell it when i see something worth it more.

thanks for ur help.

i think that 2 samsung 24 inch moniter would look pretty good for what you are going to use it for.....

I must have got lucky with my 2405, I dont have any of the common probloms.. :). I would shoot for the dual monitors, I like it much better then one big one. also my gaming performance went down alot when I tried to play on the 3007, its just to big and to much is going on for me.. the 2405 is a pretty good size for gaming.. and you dont need 2x7800s, I run a 2405 and a 1500 on a 6600GT playing UT2004 at 1920x1200 with pretty much no lag (that I can notice... its alot better then my last 19" lcd so I just might not notice it as much as I used too).

KoMit

i need 2X7800 to run the DELL 30" !

i only have GF 6800GT dual DVI i think this will do the job ! ?

truesq said:
yah man thanks

i am going to order the DELL tomorrow and i will sell it when i see something worth it more.

thanks for ur help.

I hope you get in on the $1600 3007FPW deal..

truesq said:
KoMit

i need 2X7800 to run the DELL 30" !

i only have GF 6800GT dual DVI i think this will do the job ! ?

I dunno if your 6800GT is dual LINKED DVI.

Back