budget eyefinity?

sparky1_2007

2[H]4U
hey guys, im looking into getting myself into a budget eyefinity setup here in about a week or two.

due to the nature of business that my company does i am able to get a substantial deal on dell monitors, so i was looking into getting 3x dell U2211's to do this.

i just want some opinions on this idea, because from what i can tell, all these monitors are an E-IPS screen and have DP ports, so i will be able to easily run eyefinity from these things.

but will it run alright on my 5770?

im probably going to have to either bump the resolution down to 4320x900 or w/e the lower res is and play at much lower settings.

but monitors are my first part of my upgrade, so im planning on getting the 3x monitors.

then upgrading my graphics card to a 6950.

then finally moving my system over to sandy bridge, or a new socket 2011 whenever that comes out, or a bulldozer setup depending on when i make the purchase (probably this summer)

mostly BC2, starcraft 2 (i know it doesnt work in this game), aion, etc.

also, does anyone have any experience with this monitor arm? http://www.amazon.com/Tyke-Supply-Triple-Monitor-Stand/dp/B0023ED22Y/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1301196414&sr=8-11
im probably going to get one of them and mount my monitors to this and get some 10ft DVI & DP cables and do some serious cable management on these suckers.

maybe even drill some strategic holes in my desk for cable management for my mouse/keyboard to get a nice clean look.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you play starcraft 2. I would recommend you to do TV instead. I play Starcraft 2 on a 52" Samsung HDTV :)

If you play starcraft 2. I would recommend you to do TV instead. I play Starcraft 2 on a 52" Samsung HDTV :)

im not very hardcore with starcraft2, so that really doesnt matter as much to me.

what i do play alot if BC2, and when it comes out BF3.

mostly BC2, starcraft 2 (i know it doesnt work in this game), aion, etc.

also, does anyone have any experience with this monitor arm? http://www.amazon.com/Tyke-Supply-Triple-Monitor-Stand/dp/B0023ED22Y/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1301196414&sr=8-11
im probably going to get one of them and mount my monitors to this and get some 10ft DVI & DP cables and do some serious cable management on these suckers.

maybe even drill some strategic holes in my desk for cable management for my mouse/keyboard to get a nice clean look.

CF 5770's are equal to a 5870 so it will be playable with the settings turned down but don't expect to max it out. You should see a large frame boost going to SB as well.

so has anyone had any experience with that triple monitor arm i listed above?

i want to be able to have it make a parabolic curve, instead of being completely flat.

The first amazon review for that stand specifically states that if you have 22" monitors then they will fit, but will have no room to bend into a curve, so you're stuck with them all in a straight line. In landscape, at least.

The first amazon review for that stand specifically states that if you have 22" monitors then they will fit, but will have no room to bend into a curve, so you're stuck with them all in a straight line. In landscape, at least.

yeah, i might be able to fabricate some sort of extension piece for it or something though, shouldnt be too hard.

either that or use my existing monitor arm and get a dual monitor one from them. that might work, but i dont like my current one so much. it has enough troubles holding up my 22" already.

so has anyone had any experience with that triple monitor arm i listed above?

i want to be able to have it make a parabolic curve, instead of being completely flat.

Didin't see that link, I own a triple mount that looks EXACTLY like this but is from the manufacturer Manhattan.

https://www.tomauri.com/do/product?bc=MH&ccc=null&sku=35056

I would they are made by the same place just sold under a different name. The amazon listing seems like it's lying since mine support up to 19" according to the manufacturer and all places that sell it. The mount is quite nice and strong with quality welds IMO. It has no trouble holding my three 24" monitors. Just a FYI there is not enough room to have three 24" in landscape mode, I had to place then as portrait, but I prefer that way regardless.

Well I wont recommend a monitor so to say but rather a format.

I understand that 16:9 LCDs in widescreen are a stretch (quite literally) to play on. Almost makes eferything a little too unnaturally wide. On the other hand portrait mode is great.

If you can score some 16:10 format LCDs for a good price I would recommend those as they tend to look more natural, in my very amateur opinion.

AOC makes a 23' LED TN for like 159 retail. I've seen em like 129.00 at some retailers. They are actually very nice for the price. I cant imagine they are going to look like even a cheap IPS in color though but they did have a nice black level for their price and I seen them at Frys the other day for like 149 if I am correct???

Well I wont recommend a monitor so to say but rather a format.

I understand that 16:9 LCDs in widescreen are a stretch (quite literally) to play on. Almost makes eferything a little too unnaturally wide. On the other hand portrait mode is great.

If you can score some 16:10 format LCDs for a good price I would recommend those as they tend to look more natural, in my very amateur opinion.

AOC makes a 23' LED TN for like 159 retail. I've seen em like 129.00 at some retailers. They are actually very nice for the price. I cant imagine they are going to look like even a cheap IPS in color though but they did have a nice black level for their price and I seen them at Frys the other day for like 149 if I am correct???

im already pretty much set on these dells, im getting THAT good of a deal on them.

the only thing im still looking over is the triple monitor mount that i want to mount them all to.

and i was taking a look at some of the videos of that tyke supply mount and it looks like the arms are just a solid piece that's just connected by a bolt.

so, what im thinking is that i can buy the triple monitor mount and also a double monitor mount from them and then take the arm pieces from the double monitor mount and add them into the 2 outer arms to extend the reach enough to make the monitors curve inward towards me.

so, Triple monitor mount + Dual monitor arm = awesome eyefinity arm that has more than enough room to mount 24"+ for under $150ish or so.

i mean from what i've seen in some youtube videos of the dual arm is that it's just a simple bolt holding those articulation points together.

i sent them an email about it to see if i could possibly custom order one with longer arms, or some sort of arm extension, so we'll see what happens.

Just use the stands that come with the LCDs in the meantime. I wouldnt rush to buy something immediately unless you are really out of deskspace.

I am extending my desk width with carpentry and justusing the stock LCD stands for my 24" screens.

Just use the stands that come with the LCDs in the meantime. I wouldnt rush to buy something immediately unless you are really out of deskspace.

I am extending my desk width with carpentry and justusing the stock LCD stands for my 24" screens.

yeah, thats what im planning on doing.

im also going to see what kind of deals i can get on monitor arms through my company too since we sell alot of those too, haha.

Back