• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Budget build questions

What am I missing?

CPU compatibility. No P965/G965 chipset motherboard supports the new Penryn derived CPUs such as the E8400, E7200 and E5200. In addition, the P965/G965 chipset is a little bit slower than the P35 and P45 chipset IIRC. I thought you were talking about the P35 and P45 earlier when you asked if there was a performance difference.
 
CPU compatibility. No P965/G965 chipset motherboard supports the new Penryn derived CPUs such as the E8400, E7200 and E5200. In addition, the P965/G965 chipset is a little bit slower than the P35 and P45 chipset IIRC. I thought you were talking about the P35 and P45 earlier when you asked if there was a performance difference.

Well that is a definite bummer. Thanks.
 
Back
Top