btx?

Im thinking of sending my case to SC, but $800 on a painjob is alot, im thinking that the ATX standard will be replaced soon by BTX, how long do yall think it will take until i cant find a new ATX board to go into my ATX case?

Depends on how the industry reacts to BTX. Right now, as I understand, AMD-based systems wouldn't be able to be BTX compliant for some reason. IF the BTX formfactor does take off in a big way, you should still be able to get ahold of ATX for probably a couple of years. Again, this depends on if it takes off and how quickly companies adopt it.

this question is asked on EVERY forum, about once a week...there is a search feature for a reason buddy!....any ways, if you're in the amd boat, get ATX, it'll be a while...but intel on the other hand might be sooner...if you have the money to get 2 nice cases, go for it..but if you gotta save up(for a long time), i would wait until BTX, and just get a REALLY nice btx case...

BTX is gonna take a while.....its a pointless standard.

Also whoever is charging you $800 for a paintjob is fucking you over x2. $400 is max I'd pay on a computer case and that better be one damn good paint job.

Master [H] said:
Right now, as I understand, AMD-based systems wouldn't be able to be BTX compliant for some reason. t.

nope, talked directly to an engineer at AMD, thats just a rumor, they WILL work in BTX no problem

Back