BTC Fork

cthulhuiscool

2[H]4U
Can someone explain the upcoming BTC fork? What it means, what to expect, etc? Searched around but haven't found anything that spelled it out really clearly

Gold is a ZCash wannabe with a premining scam tacked onto the front.
Seriously, what does it do that ZCash doesn't? Equihash, ZKSnark.
Just repeating rumor, I have no clue what any of this stuff means...

Both I guess, or just what in general is happening.
on the 25th of october a coin called Bit coin gold is doing an air drop this coin has a 200,000 coin premine and was going to have an ico of 1btc to 10 btcgold the mention of the ico was removed and details are missing from the site if you are not careful the air drop can take your btc... and alot of people are screaming scam coin the web page is a plagiarized copy of another scam coin and the whole thing is being run by the chinese head of lightning asic...

The coin was supposed to be a "btc" that was GPU minable...

Which one? Bitcoin Gold or Segwit2x?
Just the creation of two new scam altcoins. Calling them forks is disingenuous.

BTC is unstoppable and will not be overtaken by any alt. Improvements will happen via lightning network, not the creation of goofy alts.

Just the creation of two new scam altcoins. Calling them forks is disingenuous.

BTC is unstoppable and will not be overtaken by any alt. Improvements will happen via lightning network, not the creation of goofy alts.

By its very definition, they are forks (altcoins).

those two are forks but you seem to imply altcoins are by definition forks and that is not correct. altcoins is just a term for any coin other than BTC.

oh and yea they both are scams but that is the nature of crypto.

Last edited:
those two are forks but you seem to imply altcoins are by definition forks and that is not correct. altcoins is just a term for any coin other than BTC.

oh and yea they both are scams but that is the nature of crypto.

No, I'm not saying all altcoins are forks, but with the exception of new codebases (ETH, XRP, NXT, XMR, etc), altcoins are forks. They are forked from the parent github and altered. Period.

Again, altcoins just means coins other than BTC whether they are forked from something else or not. ETH is an altcoin.

Basically, sell the altcoins and keep bitcoin (once it's safe, careful with selling "bitcoin gold" as it may have ramifications for your actual bitcoin if in the same wallet until it's actually ready).

Yeah, don't sell your BTG until you move your original BTC to a different wallet or to an exchange.

I don't think BTG is going to take off at all, at least not until a lot more development is done with it.

Yeah, don't sell your BTG until you move your original BTC to a different wallet or to an exchange.

I don't think BTG is going to take off at all, at least not until a lot more development is done with it.
Btg is trading at 166 per coin probably going nowhere but down.

Back