BSOD with R9 290 Tri-X OC

Enilder

Limp Gawd
I bought this GPU not too long ago and been getting BSOD at least once a day during general use.

I generally have about 10+ tabs open under Firefox and while watching youtube, stream, etc., it just crashes. My CPU is overclocked and stress-tested with Prime95 over a day or so. I had the system running for quite some time before I installed the GPU so I am quite confident that it's my GPU that's causing this crash.

I did update the GPU driver as soon as I installed the GPU (14.1 Catalyst).

Does anyone have this problem with this Catalyst version and found a solution to it? Thanks.

Try 14.4 the latest WHQL and try a different browser. I've had issues with Firefox and none with Chrome.

Try 14.4 the latest WHQL and try a different browser. I've had issues with Firefox and none with Chrome.

Gonna try 14.4 while using Firefox to see what happens. I used Firefox for such a long time, I prefer to stay with Firefox (and dislike IE).

Ok. Installed 14.4...the waiting game begins. Thanks for the pointer!

That's OK. You can just try Chrome to see if it fixes the problem if 14.4 doesn't. If it does, then you can decide if you want to keep using Firefox. I always used Firefox and really liked the interface and features. I'm getting used to Chrome. ;)

That's OK. You can just try Chrome to see if it fixes the problem if 14.4 doesn't. If it does, then you can decide if you want to keep using Firefox. I always used Firefox and really liked the interface and features. I'm getting used to Chrome. ;)

Yeap. My friends recommend me to use Chrome over Firefox as well but I've not made that change, yet. I hope this driver version solves the problem. Thanks!

Back