BSOD while watching flash based video?

exe163

[H]ard|Gawd
I have been getting some random BSOD recently for while watching flash video. My processor is clocked at 4.0 but I can pass Linx no problem and temperature is below 50 for doing everyday work. The problem surfaced after I changed video card (4870x2 to 5850) and a clean install of windows. The video card is water cooled as well and everything stays below 40 degrees..

Can someone give me some idea where the problem is coming from?

Which "Stop" message you get?
for example: "STOP: 0x0000000A"

If you don't know / can't see the stop message - upload your minidump files and I will analyze them for you.

You will find the minidump files in this location:
%systemroot%\minidump

I would try a different driver set.

I just did a clean install of the 10.3a ati driver released today, will have to use a bit more to see if it is the cause of the problem.

Which "Stop" message you get?
for example: "STOP: 0x0000000A"

If you don't know / can't see the stop message - upload your minidump files and I will analyze them for you.

You will find the minidump files in this location:
%systemroot%\minidump

I did not know there's a difference between BSODs :eek:.

Here's the most recent minidump:
http://www.filefront.com/15858477/031610-16848-01.dmp

Thanks

P.S. I also have problem with sound card making random, loud popping sound (forte). It seems to be a rather common problem and still no solution yet. The latest driver is more than 6 months old, before win7's release. I don't know if that's the cause or not.

I just did a clean install of the 10.3a ati driver released today, will have to use a bit more to see if it is the cause of the problem.

I did not know there's a difference between BSODs :eek:.

Here's the most recent minidump:
http://www.filefront.com/15858477/031610-16848-01.dmp

Thanks

P.S. I also have problem with sound card making random, loud popping sound (forte). It seems to be a rather common problem and still no solution yet. The latest driver is more than 6 months old, before win7's release. I don't know if that's the cause or not.

You might have to lower the output quality settings by a bit. This is a known problem with sound cards in 64-bit Windows.

You might have to lower the output quality settings by a bit. This is a known problem with sound cards in 64-bit Windows.

I heard about this fix by changing sound bit to match with the card (24?), though I have no idea what it means or how to do it. Is this a problem caused by the outdated driver or the nature of win 7 64bit? If I opt for a Asus card with better driver support will this problem occur without having to change the settings?

I would be really helpful if you can teach me how to lower the output setting and to what value in order to eliminate the problem.

I heard about this fix by changing sound bit to match with the card (24?), though I have no idea what it means or how to do it. Is this a problem caused by the outdated driver or the nature of win 7 64bit? If I opt for a Asus card with better driver support will this problem occur without having to change the settings?

I would be really helpful if you can teach me how to lower the output setting and to what value in order to eliminate the problem.

I have a picture demonstrating where the setting can be found, hold on...

soundcontrol.png

I've also had problems with freezes and BSODs when playing flash video. They seem to be slowly going away on their own though. In fact I haven't had a BSOD in 4-6 weeks now where as I would get one or two every week a couple of months ago.

Not sure why - but several updates for the audio and video card drivers, as well as updates to Win7 and the flash player itself have been released over the past months. I've also updated the BIOS a couple of times and changed RAM once, as well as increasing the voltages for some things (RAM, NB, Southbridge, HT).

Last edited:
This is getting ridiculous. I am getting blue screen at least once a day. Some times from playing low requirement games (BF heroes), and other times just from watching flash videos. I updated my drivers to the newest possible and I really don't know what's the cause.

Back