• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BSOD on formerly stable overclock when I changed video cards

iceredwing

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 24, 2007
Messages
3,822
So before, my system (Q9950) was IBT (120 runs) & Prime95 (12 hours) stable with my 8800GTX overclock

I then replaced the 8800gtx with a Sapphire 4870X2 and now that stable is having BSOD issues. The BSOD mentions something about a physical memory dump, something regarding a device driver, and to disable memory shadowing? or something of that nature.

The BSOD is random, and it only occurs during IBT or Prime95. I can't figure out what needs to be tweaked since the test itself doesn't fail. I've ran IBT 120 runs and it'll pass... other times it'll BSOD. A little harder to replicate the 12 hour stable Prime95 run, but I've ran Prime95 for 5-6 hours, and then at other times it will fail within 2-3 hours.

Any ideas what the possibilities are?

I don't think it is a PSU issue, my PSU is a Silverstone Strider 1000w and the motherboard is a Gigabyte X48-DS4
 
Yea my first guess was your PSU. Does it ever BSOD during games? Or even programs like Furmark/ATI Tool?
 
If you can direct a small fan on your RAM.... the 4870x2 is going to generate more heat inside your case so maybe your RAM can't handle your overclock as well. If thats not it I would still check out the PSU... even really good PSU's can have problems.
 
Back
Top