$140 - Asus Z97-A Intel Z97 Motherboard
$140 - 2 x Kingston HyperX Blu KHX1600C10D3B1/8G 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
$130 - Samsung 840 Evo Series 250GB SSD
$60 - XFX TS Series XFX TS 550W PSU
$65 - Corsair Graphite Series 230T Black ATX Case
$50 - Cooler Master Seidon 120V Liquid Cooling System
----
Total: $824 shipped

I have overclocked rigs before without any issues using Award BIOS. This ASUS BIOS is very greek to me. I have not tried manual overclocking, as I don't even know where to start.

First I tried using the EZ Tuning Wizard. I clicked gaming and water cooled. It said it was going to bump my CPU 33% and my RAM 22%. Upon restart, I got an instant BSOD. I repeated this several times with the same results.

I tried choosing different settings in the EZ Tuning wizard with the same results.

I next tried the auto-overclocking found in AI Suite 3. Upon restart for the testing phase, this too resulted in a BSOD.

I would very much like to overclock my CPU, but the BSOD's are getting very frustrating. Any thoughts on where I should start to look for problems?

EZ tuning and AI suite are most likely the problems. There are lots of guides out there for overclocking your particular CPU in manual mode. Learn the BIOS, love the BIOS, and get to tweaking.

1st step - Remove Asus AI
2nd step - Go into "Advanced mode" In the UEFI Bios
3rd step - Learn this, it is very similar to your conventional BIOS
4th step - ???
5th step - Profit

EZ tuning and AI suite are most likely the problems. There are lots of guides out there for overclocking your particular CPU in manual mode. Learn the BIOS, love the BIOS, and get to tweaking.

Would you be able to point me to a guide for the Asus BIOS? I have tried google and have not succeeded in finding anything that helps. I did try to figure this out on my own before posting. Unfortunately, I do not have a ton of free time at the moment to figure out the BIOS via trial and error like I normally would.

Back