• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

browsers - code for an added favorite icon

G'ßöö

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 11, 2004
Messages
1,456
can someone please shed some light on how to add an icon to a webpage that shows up in the favorites toolbar. thanks in advance!

edit: I have a favicon working and it shows up in the toolbar but not as an added favorite

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" />
 
It sounds like a favicon is what you're after.

Make a 16x16px favicon.ico file and drop it on the root of your site. From there I think it's pretty much up to the browser on if it keeps up with it for use in bookmarks and such.


edit: *points* NINJA EDITOR! :p
I don't really have much to help with what you've stated in your edit. favicons in favorites have been pretty hit/miss for me, but I cant say that I've ever really focused on it as a being a problem. What flavor of IE?
 
yeah..am thinking the browser and caching is responsible. mucho!

BAH!!!....firefox now works fine, ie 7 is being cranky
 
Try putting this inside your HEAD element:

Code:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon">
<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon">
 
Back
Top