• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Browser/Steam/PC Freezing when downloading

tangokilla

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 18, 2008
Messages
102
I posted a while back about how my HD (that is currently giving problems again) gave a disk read error. When I formatted the HD, everything was back to normal.

Been two weeks now. I tried dling a game off Steam, and my PC just froze after massive PC lag spikes. Frustrated, I stopped trying to get the download to work. Later, I tried downloading some stuff through Firefox but the browser ended up having real frequent hangsups

I changed my download location in Firefox to another HD and the problem went away. I'm almost certain that if I stress this HD more, it will fail...perhaps for good.

I have Diskcheckup. Under SMART info, everything shows 'OK.' Is there anything else I can do to confirm my theory? What about fixing it?

Thanks!
 
Back
Top