Browser problems (sorta)

kamxam

[H]ard|Gawd
I have executive diskeeper 9 pro and while it runs well, it won't let me use the update as it keeps on saying i have no default browser. I've had both netscape/IE6 open while doing this so i know i have the browsers on (only one is default also at any time), and i'm racking my brain trying to figure out how to fix it so i can update it. (short of reformatting/reinstalling xp and/or the hard drive.) This is the only program so far i've found that it does it on. I load web pages on both browsers just fine.
My other problem (more annoying than anything atm tho) is that aol keeps setting itself up as my browser page. (example: i click for a page and the aol signup shows up plus the page (usually blank as i have to go into aol to access it). I'm pretty sure the aol one can be fixed fairly easy once i know what to do, but i wanted to ask here first to see if anyone else has ever had this problem before...
Of the 2, the update one is driving me crazy, and i haven't been able to find anything about it so far on the web or here....Thinking the 2 are related but wanted to see if anyone could help first if at all possible...windows is fully updated with sp2 also if that helps.

Back