Browser issue

Yes_sir21

Weaksauce
I have a weird problem here...My Chrome/ Firefox browser shuts down every time i enter facebook.com (and few other sites) instead Explorer starts loading and goes to facebook. The only way to browse facebook on Chrome, is to have IE open. I made sure chrome is my default browser and i also disabled all addons on IE just to be sure. But the issue is still present. What is making IE take over and shut down the other browser ?

I should add, i cleared off Trojan of my computer today, (called Windows Restore) with Malwarebytes. Maybe there is something left ? What can i do here ? ....

I also had to turn off proxy settings on firefox in order to browse the web again with FF.
I assume this Trojan messed up my browsers. But i cant figure out this last one...

Last edited:
Definitely not a Flash issue.

Try Process Monitor or Process Explorer to make sure that Chrome really is opening IE. If it is, try starting Chrome with all add-ons/extensions disabled.

I fixed now. Installed AVG and that removed a couple of malicious programs. Thanks everyone.

Back