Browser issue while running WoW

oramac

n00b
Ok, guys, I admit I'm not very good at trouble shooting, and honestly I'm not even sure I'm making this thread in the right place. (If not, please let me know and/or move it)

I'm currently running the setup in my sig with Windows 10, v 1607, build 14393.447. However, the problem actually started two windows builds ago. I'll see if I can describe the issue as clear as possible.

While running WoW, any kind of file explorer or browser won't show options correctly.

These problems ONLY happen while WoW is open, but nothing ever seems to actually affect the game. CPU and GPU loads have never gone over ~50-60%, and temps are low enough that I'm not worried about overheating at all.

For example:

In Chrome & Firefox: if I try to go to the bookmarks dropdown menu, it opens the top and left borders with a white screen, but does not show the actual bookmark links. The same thing happens if I right-click anything in the browser. I can usually, but not always, still click in the correct spot to use the link, but the actual links aren't showing up.

In Windows Explorer: basically the same as above, except that icons and such either don't load at all, or load incredibly slowly.

WinRAR: I mention this because it opens a mini-explorer window to show where the file is extracted. Occasionally it works fine, but for the most part, it has the same issues as above.

I'm totally stumped here. I've tried repairing WoW with no effect, and I don't have any idea what else even can be done.

For Firefox, try going into the option menu and under advanced\general uncheck use hardware acceleration. Restart the browser (not just that tab, reboot if you have to) and check while playing WoW to see if it's fixed.

Back