Brown Getting Greener

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
UPS is going green with a pilot fleet of 35 new electric delivery trucks that will kick off in London and Paris. This will add to its current fleet of 300 electric vehicles and 700 hybrid vehicles in Europe. The big kicker about these new trucks is that they will be easily identifiable while on the road. Someone somewhere still has to be questioning their decision to make the company trademark color brown.

In a statement on Wednesday, UPS said that using electric vehicles and other green technologies is a priority for the company as it looks ahead. UPS currently has more than 9,000 vehicles on roads around the world and moving to electric vehicles could dramatically reduce its carbon footprint.

This still won't fix their crappy delivery service.....It will help reduce fuel consumption. I can't complain about that.

Considering fuel economy is the worst in stop and go driving, it completely makes sense to electrolyze delivery fleets. The daily routes give the vehicles a good 12-18 hours per day to charge.

Depending on the size of the hub and the like Dino Juice is still preferred. The Hubs I've seen tend to have a lot of dirt and gravel and pack trucks closer than two teens on prom night. UPS is pretty good about tracking their trucks and also scolding drivers who make excessive routes or making left turns.

I didn't feel the pollution 20 years ago. It was good. These days I can smell even brand new cars if there isn't any wind blowing the disgusting shit away fast enough.

I didn't feel the pollution 20 years ago. It was good. These days I can smell even brand new cars if there isn't any wind blowing the disgusting shit away fast enough.
I don't know where you are, but there's better air quality now than 20 years ago in MANY places in the US. In fact, on the whole, the air quality is significantly better, nationally, than at any previous point in my lifetime.

Should have tried being on a motorcycle in the mid 70s when they had just introduced catalytic converters and still had, by today's standards, high sulfur gas. You could tell which cars had cats by the rotten egg smell.

This seems a near perfect fit for EVs, in town, short hop trips.

FTFA

And, as I said earlier, the new UPS trucks are downright cute.

Im thinking Don, the articles writer, has a crush on those new trucks...

Less pollution in cities, all for it. Also better torque being electric drive off the line.

Are they full electric? I'd love to see some of them get some kind of deal with Disney/Lucasfilms to make them have a Tie Fighter sound. Just for safety. :) I don't know who would pay who, as both would benefit.

Back