Brother network scanning

• Thread starter Deleted member 12106
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12106

I know some people here have used these...

I setup an FTP server on a local machine and dump the files there. however, I'd like to go to a network share and cannot get it to work.

Also looking for a solution to sync folders between locations automatically. So site A scans can be avail on the lan at site b.

Ideas?

I'm thinking about setting up an FTP server at site b, but ideally would like to have the folder sync'd at both ends.

I have setup a few 8480dn's to scan to network shares without issue. I created a new user on the server that had rights to write to the share, accessed the web interface on the printer, entered the username, password, and share location, and the rest was history.

I use rsync with cron to sync stuff on linux servers, I don't know an easy way to do it on windows. A not so easy way is to install something like syncback and put that on a schedule.

As for instant sync on either os's, no idea...

What I did was setup FTP and changes the ports at the printer and the server then got them setup to dump the files to the home office. In-case the internet is down, I got a secondary setup for a local box.

Back