• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Broken RamDisk IMG file - Rescue??

mewa

n00b
Joined
Aug 12, 2012
Messages
30
I discovered after a electrical brown-out the img file the DataRam RamDisk wold no longer load the image at start up. I believe it was corrupted as I could not open them using 7zip like I was able to. I wondered if the corrupted files can be repaired or partially rescued. So the question is how and which tools.

Before the RamDisk bashing starts, consider those facts:
1. Over the last 2yr, power issues in my region never cause the file to corrupt. I set the RD to save every 3000 sec.
2. I had browser and non-essential stuff on the RD. Just over time I had developed strong personal preference/biases how my browsers should set up, those took time and work and now they turned essential and I pulled those apps off RD now.
3. DataGram should have two back up files. There is this one backup file to the corrupt image file which was also corrupted. Will another RD software will yield better result?
 
Last edited:
Don't you mean "DataRam" for the software publisher's name?

That's the one I use, and I don't even bother with the image file anymore. Having an image file would make the bootup and shutdown processes take way too long. Like you, I only use it for temp files and such, so if it gets lost, no problem. The only downside is that I have to recreate everything if I reboot my system, but that happens so seldom it's not that inconvenient. I made a simple batch file to recreate the directory structure on the RAM drive, and then it's ready to go.
 
Back
Top