broken pin

nicksinif

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
209
i have 1 broken pin on my amd sempron but my computer is still functioning. is there a way to tell if the procesor is functioning to its fullest ability or is there no way to diagnose whether or not that 1 broken pin makes a difference in the performance of the cpu?
 
Good question, try running Prime95 overnight in torture mode and if its alive by morning then cpu is ok

oldmx
 
if ti runs, it should be fine, if prime fials, find the pin, take it to a jewlry store, and have them put it back on
 
If it even made it into Windows chances are it was just a grounding pin which means(in my experince) that it will run 100% with no problems. I'm pretty sure there are more grounding pins on the CPU then anything so I think you should be ok.
 
ok so i just downloaded prime 95 but have no idea how to run it let alone in torture mode. any suggestions?
 
Its been awhile since I've used it but I belive one of the things that says "tools" or "advanced" should have a selection of "test" or something along those lines. Click it and then you will see the different kinds of tests you can run. Sorry this is so vague but its been a while. Also, if your able to surf and download stuff I honestly think that your ok. Good luck though.
 
any idea why i am getting this?

sz8lr7.jpg
 
Be sure you let us know how it works for you, Good luck.
 
i ran prime 95 and the procesor works and there doesnt appear to be a problem. the broken pin was a corner pin. if anything bad happens, i;ll be sure to post.
 
by the way. the cpu ended up working all the way through. it never had any problems. i sold my pc last year.
 
Back
Top