• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Broken LCD...

Scubastevie00

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
200
My buddy stepped on my laptop the other day and splintered the screen pretty badly. I'm wondering what I should do. Its a 2003 Toshbia 1.7ghz. I'm wondering if I should replace the LCD(how much that would be?) or just sell the laptop with the broken screen to someone who wants it. You can still see things on the page there are just massive blackspots that cover a lot. What you guys think?
 
Given that the LCD was probably the most valuable part on your laptop, I'd say get the data out and junk it or sell it to whoever wants it. Replacing the LCD will cost way too much.
 
It's only going to spread and get worse. Find out how much it costs to repair/replace and then compare that to how much you might get for it as is.
 
Check eBay for a used screen, you might get lucky and find a direct replacement. Depending on price, that might be the best option. Either that or maybe it's time to upgrade to a new laptop and just sell off the broken one.
 
Back
Top