• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

'broken dvi' says seller

jf1288

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
383
I found a guy who's selling a 9800Pro, and i think i score a real deal with it. The only problem is that he says:
This Card has been used for the last 3 months when the dual video stopped working with my computer for reasons I dont understand. The Card still works very well and plays video games flawlessly, I used it to play doom 3 and it ran very very well.

After asking him he still assures me that the vga port (the only thing i need) is still working fine, but i feel a little insecure buying a card that is admitted to be in some way defective. Will i be able to get it fixed by ATI if it turns out theres something more wrong with it? Is it a pain in the ass to do?
 
Can you find more specifics about the problem? It occurs to me it could actually be a software issue (dual video can be a real pain in the rear sometimes.) Or a broken pin on his monitor's DVI plug or any of a number of other possibilities. Still, if it's a physical problem, I can imagine it might be possible that whatever is wrong preventing the DVI from working could eventually spread to the analog VGA. If he hasn't messed around with that card and you have the needed stuff (they seem to include some kind of product number or something in the box with the card -- at least, with mine -- but I haven't had to get repairs done, so have no experience there) you MIGHT be able to get a repair/rma. I can imagine it wouldn't be fun trying to get a secondhand card repaired though.
 
Back
Top