• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Broken Cinema Display

gaer42

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
189
I dont know if anyone here actualy works for mac... but does anyone know the min # of bad pixels on a monitor shipped from Mac for a replacement... because I just spent 1300 on a 23 inch Cinema Display and it came with 3 bad pixels right in the center of the screen....... Really annoying.

The guy on the phone said that they would not RMA it because it was under the ratio.... WTF....
 
I believe Apple's Policy is 5 or more dead pixels before they'll honour an exchange.
 
Gurr.... So 1300 for an unusable screen?!?!

Is this even with a new product?
 
Sometimes dead pixels will go away on their own.

(I know when I bought a powerbook a couple of years ago it had a couple of dead pixels that came up over time and went away on their own.)

I've heard of gently massaging the affected pixels with a pencil eraser too, but I've never tried that.
 
Just got off the phone with mac again... They suggested to take it to a mac authroized dealer and talk to a manager... he said they will take care of it if I complain enough...

I mean I dont mean to be a stickler.. but if it was a 200 dollar monitor... ok.... fine Ill deal but 1300 is a lot to spend on a faulty product (And I have heard that bad monitors through mac are like 1 in 1000.... so i was one of the unlucky few)
 
I would complain also if I had a monitor with 3 bad pixels around the CENTER of the screen.


Around the edges I could tolerate, but 3 around the center is pretty bad.
 
Where did you buy the monitor from? If you got it from an apple dealer(like compusa) you could just return it for a replacement if it is new. If you got it from apple or an apple store yea go talk to them.
 
Well I went to my Local Apple dealer (2 hour drive to Rockaway NJ :mad: ) where they then told me I needed an appointment and made me wait for an hour .
BUT......

They checked it out and gave me a brand dandy new one :) .... and I had them check that one before I left .... So all is well... :D

Just waiting on the actual mac to show up..... Talk about slow.. We are going on day 6 today. :confused:
 
Back
Top