I ended up somehow breaking the ZIF on my mobo with the CPU still in it. I was wondering if there is a way to get the CPU out without breaking the motherboard.
Basically what happened is the little metal rod that is used to open the socket has broken off, along with the small plastic bit saying "socket 940" it is connected to. I've tryed supergluing it together with no luck whatsoever. The CPU's bottom pins are also covered in thermal paste, so it makes the CPU a little stickier than usual.
Any ideas on how to remove the CPU without breaking the motherboard?
Thanks, Zxcs
Basically what happened is the little metal rod that is used to open the socket has broken off, along with the small plastic bit saying "socket 940" it is connected to. I've tryed supergluing it together with no luck whatsoever. The CPU's bottom pins are also covered in thermal paste, so it makes the CPU a little stickier than usual.
Any ideas on how to remove the CPU without breaking the motherboard?
Thanks, Zxcs