Broadwell-E debut at Computex (June, 2016)?

Webhead

Gawd
https://benchlife.info/intel-will-announce-14nm-broadwell-e-in-computex-2016-12092015/

Get your translator.

Broadwell-E with the Intel X99 chip point in time may have to be postponed.

Earlier reports have confirmed that Intel will release Broadwell-E processors in the second quarter of 2016, and now have a more precise point in time.

According to the message that the motherboard makers, Intel will deliver Broadwell-E processors on Computex 2016, breaking the last few years have not brought out a PC with Intel processors situation.

I would love to build my next system from an 8-core,16-thread Broadwell-E, but I have a feeling the price will sway my decision to do so at this time. :-(

Considering that there will be a 10 core / 20 threaded version that should take the $1099 price point the 8/16 core version I would expect to be less than $800 US.

Any prediction on the price of the 6900k (8c/16t), any chance that it will be around $5-600?

Any prediction on the price of the 6900k (8c/16t), any chance that it will be around $5-600?

Keep dreaming:(...I wouldn't take a bet in Intel pricing it a dollar under $900 with the "new" 10 core model coming in at $1000~1200...

Hmmm sitting here with X79 & 3930K (6 core) @ 4.5Ghz. Broadwell-E is tempting but I agree a X99 refresh may be worth waiting for. Anyone else on Sandy Bridge-E and considering it?

The successor to X99 wont appear until Skylake-e, no?

I'm pretty sure Broadwell-E will use the same socket, but the Xeon E5 V4 chips WON'T be compatible with X99 because reasons.

I know it will be the same socket, I'm wondering if we'll see the X99 chipset refreshed with new and added features.

Hmmm sitting here with X79 & 3930K (6 core) @ 4.5Ghz. Broadwell-E is tempting but I agree a X99 refresh may be worth waiting for. Anyone else on Sandy Bridge-E and considering it?

Nope, I'm not waiting around to spend 1000 dollars for a 10% IPC improvement when most games still can't even use 8 threads (let alone MMO's like GW2, ugh). I just ordered a E5-1650 V2 to replace my 3930K and it should be in in a week or so. 370 dollars, at least 200 of which I can recoup by selling my 3930K.

I'm betting it will over clock better than my 3930K as well due to it being a higher silicon quality. That and it has true PCIE 3.0, a higher base clock to start with, a slightly higher Tjmax, and more cache to offset the cost of the upgrade.

All for ~170 dollars, assuming I can only get 200 for my 3930K that is.

If Intel releases a '6900k" it won't be an 8c/16t CPU, and it sure as hell won't be based on Broadwell / Broadwell-E. There are already Broadwell CPUs on that platform anyway. They are still limited to 4c/8t.

Keep dreaming:(...I wouldn't take a bet in Intel pricing it a dollar under $900 with the "new" 10 core model coming in at $1000~1200...

Why would you think Intel would even release anything above a quad core on LGA1151 anytime soon?

I'm more interested in if there will be a X99 refresh.

I doubt it.

LGA Broadwell has been a mess. Broadwell-E had some viability coming out in Jan/Feb.. but June? Might as well wait for the benefits Skylake-E will bring.

Why would you think Intel would even release anything above a quad core on LGA1151 anytime soon?

I meant to quote the statement above that (from drescherjm) where he was discussing the possibility of Intel reducing the price of the 8c/16t from their current $999 spot.:eek::eek::eek:

Not quite as sure as the sun will rise, but about the level of bears in the woods:
Broadwell-E is a drop-in upgrade on non-crap X99 boards and only requires a bios update.

There will be "new" X99 aka C612 motherboards being pimped out by the usual suspects per normal. (bullet point! extra useless feature! USB 3.1.1.2.9c! NEW! SHINY!)

Skylake-E is obviously 2017, and going by the current trend of slipping dates, 'refreshes' and 'bonus ticks' etc, probably later than people are hoping.

Back