• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Broadwell confirmation?

I remember reading a rumor mentioning that intels haswell refresh cpu's, will not work with current lga1150 motherboards. Looks like intel is going on cruise crontrol.
 
Doesn't really matter to me much. From an Intel product standpoint, any quad core SB or newer gen is more than fast enough for my applications and games. I'll put my focus where it belongs: GPUs, SSDs, LCDs, KBs, and Mice.

With my 3770K tearing through everything I throw at it and not even being OC'd at this point in time, I see no need to upgrade my processor for probably another 3-5 years...at least. My next planned upgrade will be another upper-mid range GPU from either nVidia or AMD once the 8xx and 9xxx series are in full swing; whichever is cheaper, better performing, and offers more usable-to-me features.

For those that do get the upgrade itch prior to the next desktop release, then a two year cycle offers more than enough time to save up and get a hex core LGA2011 part if not already running one. If you are running one, well, then you already know all about having to wait...
 
I remember reading a rumor mentioning that intels haswell refresh cpu's, will not work with current lga1150 motherboards. Looks like intel is going on cruise crontrol.

I can't blame them. They already have a diverse portfolio of products for just about every market niche and segment, so they can afford to just sit back and see how consumers focus on and place demand towards certain market and product segments each quarter and be fast-reactive to it instead of innovative-proactive.
 
I remember reading a rumor mentioning that intels haswell refresh cpu's, will not work with current lga1150 motherboards. Looks like intel is going on cruise crontrol.
I heard that too. Current boards are missing one line with voltage type which is supposed to be important for BW. HW should be upward compatible with BW mainboards.
 
This is why I went i7 3930K and paid the extra $200. The gains for a two year old, two generation part is actually something to right home about. The "high-end" or "enthusiast" market for the mainstream parts are just nothing to write home about at this point. There is nothing you can do about that. I remember the old rumors for Haswell/Broadwell from many many years ago when we all thought we were going to play the multi-core game. Those were rumored to bring 6-8 core parts to the mainstream and times sure did change fast when Bulldozer completely and utterly flopped.

Most people are starting to realize that the fun is no longer to be had in the $300 segment. A ridiculous amount of people I know are holding off until they can go to the LGA2011 platform, despite IVB-E being a waste of everyones time. At least we already know what Haswell-E is bringing.
 
2014 - Haswell Refresh and Haswell-E

2015 - Skylake and maybe Skylake-E (this is what I hope at least)
 
I just hope the price of DDR4 isn't rapetastic for Haswell-E release.
 
I guess Intel is just playing pretend with updating socketed Haswell platform specs to be compatible with unplanned socketed Broadwell processors (2 chip platform = CPU and a PCH):

bpGrAAW.png


3zGD9Sf.png


lol @ nonsensical anonymous rumors.
 
I just hope the price of DDR4 isn't rapetastic for Haswell-E release.

All the better that I went with Haswell now so DDR4 gets a chance to mature with Haswell-E and Skylake before I get my own toes wet.
 
Back
Top