• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

broadcast pc audio over FM?

DJ Zaki

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 12, 2002
Messages
479
Hey guys, I did a little bit of googling without luck.

I know that you can put an FM Tuner on an iPod to broadcast it on a FM channel.

Could you do the same thing for a computer? Is there such thing as a FM Transmitter that I could put in my audio plug or via USB, so that I could *listen* to my pc over the radio?

ps. why would I want to do that? Listen to my computer's podcasts in the bathroom while shaving, or in the kitchen while doing the dishes, etc.
 
I have seen this done in gyms and other comercial applications with just the RCA audio out. I also remember the units costing over $100 back in the late 90's. I will look at the gym today to see what brand they use. I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for.
 
The adapter for my car for my iPod can also be used for any analog input source, and has the appropriate cables for indoor use.
 
Back
Top