Brink: Steam Sale?

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone pick this up in the Steam sale? I was stoked for this launch but was turned off by launch issues. I nabbed it and played about two hours today and it's not that bad. It has a pretty strange learning curve but I like the idea that everything is based around team play. It is also running pretty smoothly so it seems like the patching and driver updates fixed the issues Radeon's were having.

Supposedly there's some free DLC coming out soon as well. Anyone else pick it up who skipped launch?

I got it AT launch, and im not put off by its issues at all, the game is a great game.

They have already worked out alot of major bugs, however the ATI one is still prevalent. This is the one bug that truly should not have made it out the door, but it did.

There is suppost to be some free DLC at some point within the first 2 weeks. After which if you miss out, it goes on "sale"

Game is dead I thought? Most of the people I know who bought it no longer play it.

Yeah, it's done already. Steam has been patching it pretty regularly (once a week or so) but the few times I popped back in it's still framerate capped in SP, the levels are still all too similar, and generally just not exciting.

When is/was it on sale? Looks like it's back at $50 now.

This is another game I bought at launch and still haven't been able to talk any of my friends into buying it, so haven't gotten much use out of it. Once it gets a lot cheaper (I'd say it's well worth about $15 or so) I'm hoping to talk most of my friends into getting it so we can play it at LANs.

The game runs like butter on my rig in sig, and the game-play mechanics are a lot of fun, despite the skill-curve. I'd say it's a worthy successor to the type games we've been playing at our LANs for ages (HL2-DM, CSS, TF2, UT, etc). From the little bit I've played of it so far in private-server mode, it does seem like a fun LAN-style MP game. Its only major drawback was that it débuted at $50 instead of $20. For what the game is, that price is just ludicrous.

Which is laughable.

This is another game I bought at launch and still haven't been able to talk any of my friends into buying it, so haven't gotten much use out of it. Once it gets a lot cheaper (I'd say it's well worth about $15 or so) I'm hoping to talk most of my friends into getting it so we can play it at LANs.

The game runs like butter on my rig in sig, and the game-play mechanics are a lot of fun, despite the skill-curve. I'd say it's a worthy successor to the type games we've been playing at our LANs for ages (HL2-DM, CSS, TF2, UT, etc). From the little bit I've played of it so far in private-server mode, it does seem like a fun LAN-style MP game. Its only major drawback was that it débuted at $50 instead of $20. For what the game is, that price is just ludicrous.

Agreed 100 percent. I'm angry at myself for having fallen for the hype on that one but I was really in the mood for what was being hyped and simply didn't get it. My instincts had even been to wait and I still went for it so lesson learned.

Yeah, it's done already. Steam has been patching it pretty regularly (once a week or so) but the few times I popped back in it's still framerate capped in SP, the levels are still all too similar, and generally just not exciting.

You know thats my biggest complaint for every mfps thats come out in the last couple years. maps maps maps. Yeah people will migrate to one or two maps, but you have to have variety. the majority of CSS people play 5 or so maps but do a look up on CSS servers and youll see people playing a wiiiide variety of maps.

buuuuut of course these are USER hosted servers with MOD maps. But hey fuck user hosted servers and fuck mods they're killing the industry and stealing money from the devs. rigght? riiight?

I mean valve is obviously the least performing and most retarded dev/publisher. They don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

bought it at launch for $40 and put an honest 8 hours into it trying to like it, but it's not my cup of tea. i like the art direction and the team-based game mechanics, but something about it is 'off'. could never put my finger on what exactly, all i know is that i have no desire to play it. some games just miss the mark.

bought it at launch for $40 and put an honest 8 hours into it trying to like it, but it's not my cup of tea. i like the art direction and the team-based game mechanics, but something about it is 'off'. could never put my finger on what exactly, all i know is that i have no desire to play it. some games just miss the mark.

It's sad. My time in it and I can easily see potential oozing all over the place. I wonder what another good 6 months worth of work would have yielded?

Too bad. I find that I wonder these things about a lot of games as of late. Homefront is another one that stands out to me even more prominently as something that had great potential that just fell way and inexcusably short and would have benefited from more work time.

It's sad. My time in it and I can easily see potential oozing all over the place. I wonder what another good 6 months worth of work would have yielded?

Too bad. I find that I wonder these things about a lot of games as of late. Homefront is another one that stands out to me even more prominently as something that had great potential that just fell way and inexcusably short and would have benefited from more work time.

I agree. There's some mechanical things I dislike about it, mainly the menu system and the way it points your head at your objective but it's got a good ammount of depth and could be amazing. I was so stoked for this launch, they even bumped it up *early" supposedly because it was so polished but it launch with issues across all platforms.

There's a couple of servers that have a decent population. I was playing at like 1am yesterday and played in 2 or 3 three different servers.

I watched the Quick Look at Giant Bomb not long ago and despite how much Jeff was bitching (god I hate that guy so much. Such a douche) it looked really fun.

But I do remember before release how much emphasis they put on the jumping mechanic. It looked like that Parkour game with the girl (name of that game escapes me) but FPS style. But in the Quick Look they used the jumping like... twice and it was really lame too

I watched the Quick Look at Giant Bomb not long ago and despite how much Jeff was bitching (god I hate that guy so much. Such a douche) it looked really fun.

But I do remember before release how much emphasis they put on the jumping mechanic. It looked like that Parkour game with the girl (name of that game escapes me) but FPS style. But in the Quick Look they used the jumping like... twice and it was really lame too

Mirrors edge, they are making a 2nd one too.

The jumping and animations in general sucked, first person parkour looked ok, but the 3rd person was horrible. It looked like they took a few minutes to animate it. And for something so important (at least according to the marketing team.....)

Mirrors Edge 2 development is currently in limbo. Most recently when DICE pitched the idea to EA, EA was not interested in pursuing it at this time. A possible explanation is due to BF3 and EA wanting DICE to assist on other projects (eg. ME3).

Mirrors Edge 2 development is currently in limbo. Most recently when DICE pitched the idea to EA, EA was not interested in pursuing it at this time. A possible explanation is due to BF3 and EA wanting DICE to assist on other projects (eg. ME3).

Last I heard Mirror's Edge 2 was confirmed.

dead game is dead.

Very few people play this in North America, and just a few more in Europe.

Steam stats:

571 638 BRINK

It's peaking at 638 players worldwide. There's usually less than 300 players during the evening, so yeah, game is dead.

Bought this on launch, and unfortunately I talked my friends into buying it also... :(

They still haven't forgave me for that, and I don't blame them a bit. What a waste of money.... :mad:

Steam stats:

571 638 BRINK

It's peaking at 638 players worldwide. There's usually less than 300 players during the evening, so yeah, game is dead.

I will say this. That used to be killing floors numbers, they continued to push their product and now the numbers are respectable. Might even hit 10k tonight.

4,986 6,238 Killing Floor

All it takes is to keep working the subscriber base. I swore off Killing Floor long ago but this last month I got dragged back. The game is quirky its buggy but dammit its fun.

Unfortunately, there's no LAN mode (yet?).

it's just one fail after another with sd/bethsoft. if they were smart, they would have had the dlc update ready to coincide with the summer sale. that way they would have seen a huge surge in users to bring this game back to life, and they even could have participated in the raffle ticket items, for those extra goodies like weap/outfit skins.

Unfortunately, there's no LAN mode (yet?).

there's a hackish workaround, but not officially yet.

I will say this. That used to be killing floors numbers, they continued to push their product and now the numbers are respectable. Might even hit 10k tonight.

4,986 6,238 Killing Floor

All it takes is to keep working the subscriber base. I swore off Killing Floor long ago but this last month I got dragged back. The game is quirky its buggy but dammit its fun.

I don't think even kf ever dipped so far below 1k, and this is an indie game as opposed to a hyped up triple a shooter. obviously not a coincidence, it's all those little things like free maps/skins/achievements, and seasonal events they do every chance they get that keeps players interested, not bullshit marketing and launch dlc. hopefully bethsoft would follow the same example as those like tripwire/valve, but really what are the odds considering their other games.

I played the ETQW demo religiously and ended up not buying the game. I knew this game would be a flop as well.

The devs seem like great guys, unfortunately other than ET their games are shit.

Back