• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Bringing Up Voltage.

Dgremlin

n00b
Joined
Oct 11, 2004
Messages
10
I'm having trouble with my Antec 430W True Power supply. Since I installed my 9800 Pro card, on boot up, the 5 volts is dropping as low as 3.9 volts and causing lockups. Will replacing the 5V regulator in the ps fix this problem?
 
Dgremlin said:
I'm having trouble with my Antec 430W True Power supply. Since I installed my 9800 Pro card, on boot up, the 5 volts is dropping as low as 3.9 volts and causing lockups. Will replacing the 5V regulator in the ps fix this problem?

I would assume it would. Try another PSU (if you can) to see if is is the PSU that is the problem.
 
I've already put in my original 300W ps and everything works fine so it's definetly the Antec. I even used a dedicated power plug for the video card. (nothing else plugged into that same line)
 
I have the same issue with the same PSU and an AIW 9800 Pro, only, instead of lockups, I get bars of different colored pixels forcing me to restart just to see everything normally. Only the 5 volt line is dropping to about 4.6 volts rather than 3.9. I have no other spare PSU, so I guess it's safe to say that this unit is on it's way and probably should be RMA'ed in the near future? I've noticed this has been a common problem for my system, I've probably had to replace the PSU 3 times in the last year and a half or so, why could this be? Faulty PSU's, power surges, what?
 
Back
Top