Brilliant Sound Card

I would say you made a good choice IMHO.

If you play games and want support for EAX 3(?), your boned. Personally, I think EAX isn't 'all that' so I am leaning the same way.

Reviews of the card look good.

Also you won't be subjected (I don't think, as I haven't read about this card) to the random problems that have plagued X-Fi users since the line came out. I got random farts and pops in mine until I switched my primary networking adapter off the nForce (PCI-based, fought with the X-Fi for PCI bandwidth) to the Marvell PCI-E. Further, you won't be owned by (lack of) Vista drivers...

The X-Meridian sounds better. There are quite a few new cards coming to market so you may want to hold off and see what the different companies bring to market?

yes better sound and double price. you are spending that money on serviceable upgades though so it can be worth the cost in the end. you can change the opamps on the auzutech but for me i only us spdif out for my system so i didnt need the price premium. pay for what you will use and you wont regret the buy.

oh and both bluegears and auzutech are great so you're going the right way.

Thank you for everyone's info. :)
More likely I will get the Bluegears B- Enspirer if there is no
New X-FI 2 coming out this year because I always had creative sound
cards for the past 15 years

The X-fi2 is nothing but rumors. Guess work of Creative Groupies. There is no solid evidence to suggest a card will be coming out anytime soon. I love new soundcards but I haven't seen any info to suggest anything concrete in the cards development cycle....

Sondigo Inferno is exactly the same card but I think that it is cheaper than the b-Enspirer.

I have heard people talking about it on some of the audiophile boards I frequent... I think you could say that is a good thing, if those guys consider it then at least it may have good sound quality.

I too can confirm that the x-fi has a ton of issues, but if you CAN get it to work well it is a good sounding card, but if you don't play games, you are paying extra for what... silly DSP effects and crystalizers?

If you don't play game the card has no merit whatsoever. There are alot better sounding cards out right now then a X-fi. Do some research you will quickly find which ones are the best...

If you don't play game the card has no merit whatsoever. There are alot better sounding cards out right now then a X-fi. Do some research you will quickly find which ones are the best...

I am a hardcore gamer plus I surf the net alot

Then a X-fi is a good choice for you. Sombody like me I don't game that much I listen to music constantly and I watch movies all the time. The X-fi is NOT a good card for me. It is left in the dust by the XM for music and movies and I game with it aswell. There are lots of great cards out there if you look. A X-fi isn't a one size fit's all card. I shouldn't have said it had no merit outside of gaming. What I mean is if gaming isn't really a big part of your PC lifestyle then there are far better sounding cards out there...

If your a hardcore gamer why would you consider a B-Enspirer? If EAX/OPenAL are big on your list why not wait until the Prelude is released and you 'll have thebest off both worlds?

Back